This will take you to the main site where there is history, technical information and other information on these cars.
This takes you back to the main page of the forums.
This is the control panel to change your password, information and preferences on this message board.
Click here if your lost your password or need to register on this message board. You must be a registered user to post. Registration is free.
Search this board for information you need.
Click here to buy cool Squarebirds mechandise.
Click here to support Squarebirds.org. For $20 annually receive 20mBytes webspace, a Squarebirds e-mail address and member's icon on the message board.
Old 01-21-2010, 10:00 PM

xolyman is on a distinguished road
Default 430 waterpump question

There is a hole that is tapped for a 3/8 male flare fitting on the bottom of the waterpump just below the heater hose outlet. Can someone tell me what its for and where it goes to. Thanks. Just about got it in the Bird
Old 01-22-2010, 12:49 PM
Super-Experienced

tbird430 is on a distinguished road
Question

I'll have to look at mine again when I get back home. I don't remember there being two ports on my original '60 T-Bird pump. Maybe yours is a core off a Lincoln 430cid?

-Jon in TX.

The 1960 Ford Thunderbird. The WORLD'S most wanted car....

VTCI Member#6287.
Old 01-26-2010, 04:34 PM
Super-Experienced

partsetal is on a distinguished road
Default Water Pump Help

I've checked 6 430 pumps and they all have the threaded hole for the heater hose fitting, and on the opposite side there is a threaded hole for the generator adjusting arm, no other openings except the two main water passages and the bypass fitting. Can you provide a photo?
Carl
Old 01-30-2010, 07:24 PM

I took a couple of photos but have no idea how to get them to you. It must be the pypass, but I dont know where it goes.
Claude
Old 01-30-2010, 07:33 PM
Super-Experienced and Proud Kentuckian who bleeds Ford Blue.

Richard D. Hord is on a distinguished road

Hey Claude,
Go to like you are going to post a comment. Scroll down to manage attachments. Click on that and it will pull up a small screen. Click on choose file and it will ask you where from. Pull up file and hit upload. These can only be a certain size to post!
Richard D. Hord
Registry #33436
Old 01-30-2010, 08:53 PM

Richard, I have nothing that says manage attachments. The only thing I can find is the insert image icon. The posting rules box says I cannot post attachments. Am I in the wrong window, or just looking in the wrong place?
Claude
Old 01-30-2010, 09:02 PM
Super-Experienced and Proud Kentuckian who bleeds Ford Blue.

Richard D. Hord is on a distinguished road

Hey Claude,
I sent you a PM.
Richard D. Hord
Registry #33436
Old 01-31-2010, 12:30 AM
Slow Typist

simplyconnected is on a distinguished road
Default Xolyman's WP pictures

These are from Claude:

"The photo is taken looking up from under the car. The red hose is the heater hose coming
off the left side. the tapped hole I am talking about is directly below that. It’s the one with
the flare nut.
Claude"

"We've got to pause and ask ourselves: How much clean air do we need?"
--Lee Iacocca

Last edited by simplyconnected : 01-31-2010 at 12:37 AM. Reason: annotated for Claude
Old 01-31-2010, 10:33 AM
Super-Experienced

Coral has disabled reputation

Thanks for posting those pictures simplyconnected ....
I have sent a PM to you Xolyman....
Old 01-31-2010, 03:03 PM
Tinkerer

Howard Prout is on a distinguished road

I checked the ports on the water pump on my 430 - they are like Carl said. The heater hose connection is on the left side, about 45 deg. toward the left side from the top. There is no port on the bottom of the pump other than the intake for the pump. The pix don't show the water pump intake - where is it? Also, I don't understand the piping going across the front of the engine - any idea what it is for? As I recall you took a 352 out and put the 430 in your car. Where did the 430 come from? Could it have been modified for some other use and now has a custom water pump? Are you sure it is a 430?
"Old Betsy" - my '59 convertible J9YJ116209 Thunderbird Registry #33341

Last edited by Howard Prout : 01-31-2010 at 03:06 PM.