This will take you to the main site where there is history, technical information and other information on these cars.
This takes you back to the main page of the forums.
This is the control panel to change your password, information and preferences on this message board.
Click here if your lost your password or need to register on this message board. You must be a registered user to post. Registration is free.
Search this board for information you need.
Click here to buy cool Squarebirds mechandise.
Click here to support Squarebirds.org. For $20 annually receive 20mBytes webspace, a Squarebirds e-mail address and member's icon on the message board.
Old 12-06-2009, 07:26 PM
Experienced

tully is on a distinguished road
Default Nose removal on 59

I'm planning on removing the nose on my 59 Ranchero and cleaning the engine and frame, and adding disc and a few other things, and painting. Any suggestion or help on how to remove it would be appreciated!
Old 12-07-2009, 12:11 PM
Super-Experienced

DKheld is on a distinguished road

Dave Dare had a great suggestion on my Tbird motor replacement that should apply here as well - take at least 400 pictures before you start. You'll probably need 800 but at least you'll have half of what you need when you go to put it back together. Wish I could help as far as a procedure goes but I'm a squarebirder.

Good Luck,
Eric
registry 5347
Old 12-07-2009, 02:27 PM
Super-Experienced

fomoco59 is on a distinguished road

The front fenders just unbolt, but I remember the 59 grill being a pain in my old wagon....

Mike Lemmon
'59 Raven Black Hardtop

http://www.tbirdregistry.com/viewdat...tryNumber=2461
Old 12-07-2009, 02:57 PM
Slow Typist

simplyconnected is on a distinguished road

Dkheld (Eric) amazes me. He just came out of surgery over Thanksgiving, and here he is helping others online.
Eric, you're a tough Dutch 'birder.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tully View Post
I'm planning on removing the nose on my 59 Ranchero... Any suggestion or help on how to remove it would be appreciated!
tully, maybe we can help eachother out, here:

I have a '59 Galaxie with the exact same front end as your Ranchero. We have full-framed cars, which makes this job much easier. I also have a catalog of illustrations for the whole body (and engine). It shows just about everything you want to see as far as how everything goes together and it includes part numbers.

If you buy a membership, I will give you this catalog. (Now, thats a good deal!) - Dave Dare

"We've got to pause and ask ourselves: How much clean air do we need?"
--Lee Iacocca
Old 12-08-2009, 07:38 PM
Moderator / Administrator

Dan Leavens is on a distinguished road
Cool

Dave I believe that to be, an excellent deal as well. I also have a copy of what we commonly call " The Blue Book 1949-1959 " illustration catalog which I use a lot.
58HT #33317
Old 02-19-2010, 09:01 PM
Experienced

63-4drpost is on a distinguished road
Default removal

Kind'a foggy, but I THINK we used to unbolt the fenders at the doors, remove the bolt that fastens the front frame crossmember to the radiator support. Front clip will then come off? radiator and all. I could be wrong!!