This will take you to the main site where there is history, technical information and other information on these cars.
This takes you back to the main page of the forums.
This is the control panel to change your password, information and preferences on this message board.
Click here if your lost your password or need to register on this message board. You must be a registered user to post. Registration is free.
Search this board for information you need.
Click here to buy cool Squarebirds mechandise.
Click here to support Squarebirds.org. For $20 annually receive 20mBytes webspace, a Squarebirds e-mail address and member's icon on the message board.
Old 07-30-2016, 03:38 AM
Super-Experienced and a HELLOFA nice guy

YellowRose is on a distinguished road
Default Jed Zimmerman Has Passed On

Jed Zimmerman ~ Ca58tbird of Clearwater, MN passed away on June 2, 2016. His death is sudden to us and we just found out today. He was a devout Lutheran and he always prayed for anyone in need.

Here is his obituary:

Jed Zimmerman joined Squarebirds.org on 04-26-2008 because he owned a white '58 Hardtop. He made his living doing Fiberglas repairs, painting, wrapping boats and restorations of many types including the repair and restoration of Tbird steering wheels and foam seat cushions. My steering wheel and my new foam seat cushions were made by him. He also restored two steering wheels for Dave Dare ~ simplyconnected and for many of our members. For years he marketed foam cushions to various Tbird parts houses.

Jed was always a pleasure to talk with, helpful, friendly and full of knowledge. In recent years he battled pancreatic cancer and by all indications had overcome it. He was in remission for many months. We surmise his passing was because of a relapse. Jed's last post was two short months before his death.

He is going to be sorely missed by many of us who got to know him well from his hundreds of posts on the Forum, and our personal conversations with him. Fortunately, his foam seat cushions are being made these days by some of the Tbird parts houses. I do not know if anyone is doing steering wheel repair though. Mine still looks brand new after some 8 years of use.

Ray Clark - Squarebirds Administrator
'59 Tbird "The Yellow Rose Of Texas" aka "Tweety Bird"
"It's Hip To Be Square"
Thunderbird Registry #33025 VTCI #11178

rayclark07"at"att.net (Home) 210-674-5781 (Cell) 210-875-1411
http://www.squarebirds.org/picture_gallery/TechnicalResourceLibrary/trl.htm
Old 07-30-2016, 04:42 AM
Super-Experienced

bird 60 is on a distinguished road

My condolences To the Zimmerman Family.

Chris.....From OZ.
Old 07-30-2016, 04:56 AM
Slow Typist

simplyconnected is on a distinguished road

Rest in peace, Jed. I know you fought cancer and nearly beat it, but God called you home to be with your dad and your favorite dog Jazmine, in Heaven, where your gas tank will always be full and you can cruise to the beach any time you want.

Jed and I spent many hours over the phone, talking about cars and the best products used to do every kind of restoration. I'm proud to call Jed my friend and I will sorely miss him.

Here are a few pictures of some of the things Jed loved to spend his off-time with:

We'll miss you, my friend... - Dave

"We've got to pause and ask ourselves: How much clean air do we need?"
--Lee Iacocca
Old 07-30-2016, 10:22 AM

Thanks for posting the additional pix and comments, Dave. Dave had PM'd me last night, saying that he had been trying to get in contact with Jed on the phone, but his calls were going to voice mail. So I did some fast checking and found the information on Jed's passing. I have been so busy helping other members recently, that I had not noticed that Jed had not posted for several months.

"It's Hip To Be Square"

Old 07-30-2016, 10:33 AM
Moderator / Administrator

Dan Leavens is on a distinguished road
Cool

I too was taken back in Jed's passing from Ray's post this morning, as he was a good man and a strong supporter of our squarebirds family. He was always willing to help out and we shared our love of the squarebirds. We all rejoiced when he went into remission as he posted on our site and had a new lease on life.

Jed and my wife Marg had similar 58's both in exterior / interior colors and options and talked about them often.
RIP Jed.

Dan and Marg Calgary, Alberta Canada
58HT #33317
Old 07-31-2016, 08:23 PM
Super-Experienced

DKheld is on a distinguished road

Wow - as mentioned - very sad and condolences to the Zimmerman's - thought he had it beat - will miss reading his posts.

Eric
Old 08-06-2016, 10:55 AM
Super-Experienced

tbird430 is on a distinguished road
Unhappy

This is a very sad reading...

Jed helped me get into this Squarebird hobby many years ago, back in the early 1990's when I first bought my '60 T-Bird.

He will be missed sorely back here on earth. Tinkering with T-Birds up in heaven though.

Prayers go out to his entire family...

-Jon in TX.

The 1960 Ford Thunderbird. The WORLD'S most wanted car....

VTCI Member#6287.
Old 08-07-2016, 01:43 PM
Experienced

Ian M Greer is on a distinguished road

I'm off and on with checking in on my favourite web site and am truly sorry to here about Jed's passing. The last I had heard as Ray that he was in remission. My sincere , thoughts and prayers for his loss to his family and all his friends he will be missed in our group discussions for sure , kindest regards Ian M Greer .
Old 08-07-2016, 11:34 PM
Birdy

lexdownunder is on a distinguished road

Susan & I have been in Canada & Alaska for the past five weeks so have not been checking this website.
We were so shocked & saddened to read about the passing of Jed.

Jed was one of the respondents to my post last year regarding my experience with prostate cancer.
At that stage (Sept 2015), Jed was in remission but still had to undergo more chemo in the future.

Just so very, very sad.
Our heartfelt sympathy & prayers to Jed's family & friends.

Lex & Susan
Tasmania
Old 08-07-2016, 11:38 PM

Hi Lex & Susan, I hope you had a great, enjoyable trip and a safe one. Yesss, it was a great surprise to us also. How are you doing, by the way? I hope all is well with you!

"It's Hip To Be Square"