This will take you to the main site where there is history, technical information and other information on these cars.
This takes you back to the main page of the forums.
This is the control panel to change your password, information and preferences on this message board.
Click here if your lost your password or need to register on this message board. You must be a registered user to post. Registration is free.
Search this board for information you need.
Click here to buy cool Squarebirds mechandise.
Click here to support Squarebirds.org. For $20 annually receive 20mBytes webspace, a Squarebirds e-mail address and member's icon on the message board.
Old 09-01-2015, 07:23 PM

T.A.O.T is on a distinguished road
Default My upcomming 1965 Ford Thunderbird

Hi. I'm new at this forum so let me introduce myself:
My name is Arthur, 26 years old (27 next month) and i'm from the Netherlands. Last week my dream Finaly came true, buying a real american classic cruiser with a beautifull american V8 muscle. It became a beautifull Ford Thunderbird from 1965. I just love this car!! Technically speaking, i'm still a noob, so there are lots and lots of things to learn for me. But that won't stop me. I will have to wait for a few weeks before ive got this beauty in my possession but it's worth it!!

Well here it is: (some pics from the sellers advertisement and pics i shot myself)

Original color (it has been repainted), engine is a 390 CUI matching number, all new transmission, completely restored/rebuilt. Very Well documented: photo story about the restauration, every bill has been saved. I just love this beauty. Can u see why i hate waiting for it to arrive?

Last edited by T.A.O.T : 09-02-2015 at 01:02 PM.
Old 09-01-2015, 10:17 PM
Experienced

Wudro is on a distinguished road

Congratulations Arthur! She's already looking Nice. Excellent choice and welcome to the TBird Club. I hope you enjoy our American Muscle!
Old 09-02-2015, 01:13 PM

T.A.O.T is on a distinguished road

Thank mate! there are a few things to be done, no bodywork or cosmetics things though:

- lining up the front wheels. Car is pulling to the right when releasing the steering wheel and/or braking.
- change rear Axel oil. Transmission oil, engine oil, including filters and stuff. The car did not drive that much last years so According to the information on the internet it is recommended to do so.
– i need a rear bumper center Chrome emblem housing, it is missing atm..
- radio is not working atm, speaker is making noise but i guess the antenna is broken
- speedometer is not working atm, i guess due to a broken inner cable?
- maybe install some new mufflers (flowmasters) just for the Nice sound.
- airco refill/repair depending on if it's leasing or just empty

Enough (small) things to do. And i'm new with this car so any help/tips/info are welcome.
Old 09-03-2015, 08:06 PM
Experienced

Restifier52 is on a distinguished road

Indeed! Welcome to the "club". Your car looks great. Guaranteed head turner. Sure you'll love being in the cockpit.
Thunderbird Registry #35780