This will take you to the main site where there is history, technical information and other information on these cars.
This takes you back to the main page of the forums.
This is the control panel to change your password, information and preferences on this message board.
Click here if your lost your password or need to register on this message board. You must be a registered user to post. Registration is free.
Search this board for information you need.
Click here to buy cool Squarebirds mechandise.
Click here to support Squarebirds.org. For $20 annually receive 20mBytes webspace, a Squarebirds e-mail address and member's icon on the message board.
Old 07-13-2015, 11:16 PM
Banned

Yadkin is on a distinguished road
Default Front vent windows, door upper edge seal

I put the rear quarter window in last night and it fits nicely against my new reproduction door seal. The profile of the seal has a wider area on the outside that seals against the outside of the window frame as it moves upwards in its track. See the first photo.

According to the Installation Manual this seal gets glued in at the inside edge of the stainless steel retainer and then folded in on the outside edge.

Tonight I'm putting in the front vent window and it seals a lot differently. See the second photo. The entire cast frame is mounted solidly in the door so it compresses the seal by pushing against the side. To me it looks like the profile is wrong. I'm afraid this will push the seal away from outer edge of the retainer. I'm thinking I may have to trim the wide part of the seal away.

Is there something wrong with my new seal? Is the profile supposed to be different between the front and the back?
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_20150713_220118746.jpg (301.1 KB, 58 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_20150713_220102668.jpg (288.8 KB, 57 views)
Old 07-13-2015, 11:17 PM
Banned

My apologies to the forum. I realize these pictures are large but I don't think I'd get the point across with smaller ones.
Old 07-13-2015, 11:56 PM
Super-Experienced and a HELLOFA nice guy

YellowRose is on a distinguished road
Default Front vent windows, door upper edge seal

Steve, those pix are within the limits and are not to large. If they are greater than 800pixels wide they will cause one to have to scroll back and forth to see all the text. These are fine.

Ray Clark - Squarebirds Administrator
'59 Tbird "The Yellow Rose Of Texas" aka "Tweety Bird"
"It's Hip To Be Square"
Thunderbird Registry #33025 VTCI #11178

rayclark07"at"att.net (Home) 210-674-5781 (Cell) 210-875-1411
http://www.squarebirds.org/picture_gallery/TechnicalResourceLibrary/trl.htm
Old 07-16-2015, 08:36 PM
Banned

OK here's another view with the vent window adjusted and the door fully closed. The large window behind it slides up in the steel channel and the top front corner seals against the rubber cup at the top of the vent window. The top edge of the sliding window seals in the horizontal rubber seal. The outer (thicker) part of the seal will be against the outside frame of the window, and the seal forms a channel.

The vertical and horizontal channels are lined up. The problem is that the thicker part of the seal is now in the way at the transition between the vertical channel and the top horizontal channel.

It seems to me that I need to cut the thicker part of the seal and remove it to make this work.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg P1100134.JPG (108.2 KB, 41 views)