This will take you to the main site where there is history, technical information and other information on these cars.
This takes you back to the main page of the forums.
This is the control panel to change your password, information and preferences on this message board.
Click here if your lost your password or need to register on this message board. You must be a registered user to post. Registration is free.
Search this board for information you need.
Click here to buy cool Squarebirds mechandise.
Click here to support Squarebirds.org. For $20 annually receive 20mBytes webspace, a Squarebirds e-mail address and member's icon on the message board.
Old 01-26-2013, 08:53 PM
Experienced

triple60squares is on a distinguished road
Default my newest 60

hello all heres alink to my newest 60 hardtop
it was built on may 10th in wixom 352 auto corinithian white with red leather its a dirty bird right now having set out side the last 2years and being hauled to my house on an open trailer through the snow and slush we had yesterday

spent the day cleaning up the garage and making the old bird roll freely the front brakes were adjusted out to where the drums wouldnt spin and the pass side front had abroken spring and one was just hanging inside the drum

but got all the wheels turning now and rolled her into the garage and i just had to clean the muck off the windows and soo it begins cleaning her up fixing the brake issues getting the radiator installed tuning her up putting some type of 15" aftermarket wheels on it and start driving and having some fun

ok enough shootin the breeze here the link to 63 pics of "snowbird" thats her name for now

http://s10.photobucket.com/albums/a1...%2060%20tbird/
Old 01-26-2013, 08:56 PM
Super-Experienced

Dakota Boy is on a distinguished road

well that should keep you at home (in the garage) and out of trouble for a while
Old 01-26-2013, 10:22 PM
Experienced

triple60squares is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dakota Boy View Post
well that should keep you at home (in the garage) and out of trouble for a while
me? get in trouble?.....nah ....i am trouble lol
Old 01-26-2013, 11:14 PM
Super-Experienced

gaffney1951 is on a distinguished road
Default I've certainly seen worse ...

Time to sharpen up your metal bending and body work skills, or find someone who has them. Be sure to follow the body rot as far as it goes. Pretty important on a uni-body car. They all start at the beginning. Thanks for saving another Squarebird. Mike
Old 01-27-2013, 03:17 AM
Slow Typist

simplyconnected is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by gaffney1951 View Post
Time to sharpen up your metal bending and body work skills, or find someone who has them. Be sure to follow the body rot as far as it goes. Pretty important on a uni-body car. They all start at the beginning. Thanks for saving another Squarebird. Mike
I agree. Start on the rockers because it will straighten out your doors.

Follow posts from others who have done this as it is very common. The area just in front of the door and behind the front wheel is also prone to rot.

Hey, we are both in the Rust Belt, and these 50 yr-old cars are amazing to hold up even twenty of our winters. All the metal is good thickness, so it is easy to work with. Typically, the rocker areas underneath will be gone, so our guys replace the missing steel with a 2" X 4" rectangular steel channel that runs from the front tire to the rear tire, on both sides. These would be your new Side Rails that hold up the mid section.

Thanks for taking lots of good sharp pictures. I was amazed to see your car wearing a trailer hitch with power shoe brakes. The OEM brakes are not the best, even when new. Some of our members have retrofit power disk brakes with a dual master cylinder.

I love your project. Our members have extensive restoration experience and skills, and we are eager to help you any way we can. Most of the parts you need are still available as new repopped, or used OEM parts. Feel free to post often and keep those pics coming. - Dave

"We've got to pause and ask ourselves: How much clean air do we need?"
--Lee Iacocca
Old 01-27-2013, 06:40 PM

Anders is on a distinguished road

Looks like a challange project. Wish you the best of luck!!
http://www.tbirdregistry.com/#33158