This will take you to the main site where there is history, technical information and other information on these cars.
This takes you back to the main page of the forums.
This is the control panel to change your password, information and preferences on this message board.
Click here if your lost your password or need to register on this message board. You must be a registered user to post. Registration is free.
Search this board for information you need.
Click here to buy cool Squarebirds mechandise.
Click here to support Squarebirds.org. For $20 annually receive 20mBytes webspace, a Squarebirds e-mail address and member's icon on the message board.
Old 11-17-2012, 07:33 AM
Apprentice

Fireball is on a distinguished road
Default Greetings from Finland with recently aquired 1960

Hi guys

Two weeks ago I bought this 1960 bird with originally equipped 430 cid and cruise-o-matic. I just found out that only 4.3% of the production was set up like this. This puppy was imported from CA in 2004. I'm preparing it for repaint, all the way to bare metal just to be sure there's no surprises. I found couple small dents and only one dime size rust spot. Amazing.

Old 11-17-2012, 08:58 AM
Experienced

kuusamon is on a distinguished road

so hello,
super congratulations on your buy! I 'know' this car, not really but I have seen it once at a garage here in Kuusamo for a service and oil change (a few years ago I believe).
I live in Kuusamo and have a 1960 convertible that still needs a lot of work before it is completely restored.

regards,
Ron
http://www.tbirdregistry.com/viewdat...tryNumber=1741
Old 11-17-2012, 09:51 AM
Super-Experienced and a HELLOFA nice guy

YellowRose is on a distinguished road
Default Greetings from Finland with recently aquired 1960

Congratulations, Tero and welcome to the Forum. I moved your thread out of the Technical Forum and down here to Our Rides. Thanks for posting the pix! She looks to be in good condition. Just wait to you see her shine with a new coat of paint!

Ray Clark - Squarebirds Administrator
'59 Tbird "The Yellow Rose Of Texas" aka "Tweety Bird"
"It's Hip To Be Square"
Thunderbird Registry #33025 VTCI #11178

rayclark07"at"att.net (Home) 210-674-5781 (Cell) 210-875-1411
http://www.squarebirds.org/picture_gallery/TechnicalResourceLibrary/trl.htm
Old 11-17-2012, 12:55 PM
Apprentice

Sorry Ray, my bad. This is really one of the easiest projects I've had, and I've had plenty. No rust, all parts there, interior is already redone with black leather, tagged to Finland and technically a ok. Waiting for the summer already.

Ron, so we live close then, just a tad over 100 miles. How long you have stayed there, enjoying our winters really? Do you have pics of your ride anywhere?

Thanks for the warm welcome!
Old 11-18-2012, 03:35 AM
Experienced

kuusamon is on a distinguished road

Hai Tero,
I 've been in Finland since the end of 1996 but my Finnish is not very good to say the least. I am orig. Dutch but lived most my life in foreign countries, actually longer than I 've ever lived in Holland.
Bought the car in Germany the end 2008 and working on it is not difficult but a slow process because so littel time, but I am getting more time now. And it is got to be done good.
I posted pictures in previous threads, here the link to it.
http://squarebirds.org/vbulletin/sho...picture&page=2

let me know in PM where you live exactly, if you like, I will stop by in the next few months or so when I am in the neighborhood.

regards,
ron
http://www.tbirdregistry.com/viewdat...tryNumber=1741
Old 11-18-2012, 08:38 AM
Super-Experienced and Proud Kentuckian who bleeds Ford Blue.

Richard D. Hord is on a distinguished road

She's a keeper!
Richard D. Hord
Registry #33436
Old 11-18-2012, 11:12 AM

Anders is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by kuusamon View Post
Hai Tero,
I 've been in Finland since the end of 1996 but my Finnish is not very good to say the least. I am orig. Dutch but lived most my life in foreign countries, actually longer than I 've ever lived in Holland.
regards,
ron
Finnish is an impossible language to learn! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2D3Zy...feature=fvwrel
http://www.tbirdregistry.com/#33158
Old 12-01-2012, 01:46 PM
Apprentice

Trip to painter has started, this time I'm not painting it myself. I have to admit that I have never faced such a hard time to decide the color, but boy did I find a nice shade by the end of the day. You'll judge my choice when it's done. I just received new whitewalls, and ordered a ton of new gaskets and chrome. There's no doubt it will be ready for summertime.

Old 12-05-2012, 12:55 PM
Apprentice

Old 01-04-2013, 11:25 AM
Apprentice

After a month paint is done. Pics don't do justice of my fresh candy but boy it's just what I was looking for. I just cant wait to get back to garage installing all the chrome back, new whitewalls, new seals etc.