This will take you to the main site where there is history, technical information and other information on these cars.
This takes you back to the main page of the forums.
This is the control panel to change your password, information and preferences on this message board.
Click here if your lost your password or need to register on this message board. You must be a registered user to post. Registration is free.
Search this board for information you need.
Click here to buy cool Squarebirds mechandise.
Click here to support Squarebirds.org. For $20 annually receive 20mBytes webspace, a Squarebirds e-mail address and member's icon on the message board.
Old 05-01-2012, 06:54 PM
Super-Experienced and a HELLOFA nice guy

YellowRose is on a distinguished road
Default Debra's '60 Tbird Pix

Here are a couple of pix that Debra, in Colorado, sent me of her '60 Tbird with a Turquoise interior. The interior picture was taken before she had the dashpad replaced. Yes, it looks like it is leather. Here is a pic that Deb just sent me showing what the dashpad looks like after it was replaced.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Debras'60Tbird-1.jpg (36.7 KB, 126 views)
File Type: jpg Debras'60TbirdTurquoiseInterior.jpg (69.5 KB, 127 views)
File Type: jpg Deb's'60TbirdNew dash.jpg (65.6 KB, 122 views)

Ray Clark - Squarebirds Administrator
'59 Tbird "The Yellow Rose Of Texas" aka "Tweety Bird"
"It's Hip To Be Square"
Thunderbird Registry #33025 VTCI #11178

rayclark07"at"att.net (Home) 210-674-5781 (Cell) 210-875-1411
http://www.squarebirds.org/picture_gallery/TechnicalResourceLibrary/trl.htm

Last edited by YellowRose : 05-01-2012 at 08:20 PM. Reason: Additional picture
Old 05-01-2012, 07:05 PM
Super-Experienced

Dakota Boy is on a distinguished road

looks like it has the leather option... since the seats and door panels are only one color.
Old 05-01-2012, 08:36 PM
Apprentice

Deblib is on a distinguished road
Smile Instrument Help

Ray,
Thanks for all your great information. It's been very helpful!
Old 05-02-2012, 08:10 AM
Super-Experienced and Proud Kentuckian who bleeds Ford Blue.

Richard D. Hord is on a distinguished road

Hey Debra,
Looks like she's a keeper
Richard D. Hord
Registry #33436
Old 05-02-2012, 11:12 AM
Apprentice

Question Christine

Thanks, I sure enjoy driving her. Looks a lot like Christine except the interior. I wanted to name her, trying to decide on a good name, but my hubby thinks its silly.

I was thinking Lucille, Peggy Sue, or my daughter likes Norma Jean. Lol.
Old 05-02-2012, 11:46 AM
Super-Experienced

tbird430 is on a distinguished road
Thumbs up

Car looks nice, thanks for saring the pics with us.

Looks like the original '60 interior too, less that nice looking new dash pad.

I hope you figure those guages out...

-Jon in TX.

The 1960 Ford Thunderbird. The WORLD'S most wanted car....

VTCI Member#6287.
Old 05-02-2012, 12:44 PM

Glad to help, Debra and I hope you get the gauges figured out. The fact that they worked before they did the dash indicates to me that they might have not re-installed the gauges correctly. If you have more difficulties with the gauges or need more help, post in the 1958-1960 Squarebirds Forum where I put the information.

As for a name, sure, she deserves a name! Call her what YOU want to name her.

"It's Hip To Be Square"

Old 05-02-2012, 04:14 PM
Apprentice

Default Dash Problems

Well I am going to take her back to the upholster and let him take a shot at making it right - along with your excellent instructions. I had printed out the dash replacement instructions for them when I originally took it in, and they said how helpful those were. They were not so happy with the wiper motor instructions on the other hand (electric replacement). They put that in for me too while the dash was out. So I'm picking up new shocks today and that is the next project for me. Maybe we can tackle that this Saturday.
Old 05-02-2012, 04:49 PM

I am glad the dashpad instructions were a big help to them. Regarding the electric windshield wiper install, we had no problem with doing mine. When installing the wiper motor switch in the same place as the original they must make sure to leave a gap behind the white toggle switch to the dash, as the two speed wiper switch rotates in and out as you turn it, unlike the original one. Not doing this can make you think the switch is broken. Also, don't put the knob on the new wiper shaft, snug up to the chrome bezel or you will not be able to turn it. It is a two speed setting and as you turn the knob to the right the shaft needs to go in and out, like on a groove. So if you put the knob too close to the chrome dash bezel the knob will not turn or move.

If you have any additional problems or need help with the gauges, or other parts of your Tbird, please post up in the 1958-1960 Squarebirds Forum in the post that I created for you there. This way, we can put the technical stuff up there, and leave this thread for future pictures. Let us know up there how you come out with the gauges and what they did to fix the problem.

"It's Hip To Be Square"

Old 05-03-2012, 08:40 AM
Super-Experienced and Proud Kentuckian who bleeds Ford Blue.

Richard D. Hord is on a distinguished road

Hey Debra,
Yep "Christine" (if you have not seen the movie, you need to do so! Not a Thunderbird but still is a awesome movie) Some have heard the story, but here we go again
We went to pick her up and she had a manifold leak and sounded just like "Christine" the movie car when she came to shop after her night excursion and was burnt!
My wife hates "Christine" and "Christine" knows it! We have had several occasions where if "Christine" knows wife is going with me, she will stall, die or not even start I know this sounds crazy, but if "Christine" and I are together she has never let me down. She also has an attitude! If I'm tinkering with her and get mad, I have trouble getting her started. Any other time I have no problems!
I have never seen a women and a car so jealous of a man's attention in my life! They gotta realize, I love them both and have plenty of love to share
Richard D. Hord
Registry #33436