This will take you to the main site where there is history, technical information and other information on these cars.
This takes you back to the main page of the forums.
This is the control panel to change your password, information and preferences on this message board.
Click here if your lost your password or need to register on this message board. You must be a registered user to post. Registration is free.
Search this board for information you need.
Click here to buy cool Squarebirds mechandise.
Click here to support Squarebirds.org. For $20 annually receive 20mBytes webspace, a Squarebirds e-mail address and member's icon on the message board.
Old 07-27-2011, 01:08 PM

Prostreet 60 Thunderstang is on a distinguished road
Default anybody out there building a prostreet 60 t bird ?

Hello i just thought id join sqaure birds and see if theres anyone other than me whos either built or building a pro street 58 59 or 60 thunderbird as im in the process of doing so. i have mine tubbed and caged w/ 33x2150 mickey tompsons . i also cut off the lazy sixtys front suspention and put a 94 mustang strut suspention and steering rack and disc breakes and used a 5.0 mustang engine efi . i just got the car up n running again and it feels good to drive it once again after ten years of it sitting and me building it . ive owned the car for 35 years and i think ive had almost every fe engine in it at one time or another over the years rangeing fron the original 352 to a 428 cj but i decided a few years back i want to be able to drive it and be streetable so i went with a 5.0 mustang engine w/ a c6 but later to come im going with a 351 w twin turbos i think it will run strong yet still be able to be streetable . i have a long way to go yet but its shaping up . i will post more as the progress gos. thanks for looking at my post Bill ps see more pics posted on my web site at http://www.decorativeironplus.com/cu...rications.html
Old 07-27-2011, 01:45 PM
Super-Experienced and Proud Kentuckian who bleeds Ford Blue.

Richard D. Hord is on a distinguished road

Hey Bill,
THAT IS AWESOME! I hope you will make a YouTube video when you get her where she will run I would love to hear her sing!!!
Richard D. Hord
Registry #33436
Old 07-27-2011, 02:04 PM
Super-Experienced and a HELLOFA nice guy

YellowRose is on a distinguished road
Default anybody out there building a prostreet 60 t bird ?

Hi Bill!

I see you got your pix posted! That is quite the job you are doing with your Tbird! I like the treatment of the radiator with the twin electric fans on it, and the Tbird cut outs also. Fantastic job you are doing! Thanks for sharing with us. Wait until some of the others see these pictures!

Ray Clark - Squarebirds Administrator
'59 Tbird "The Yellow Rose Of Texas" aka "Tweety Bird"
"It's Hip To Be Square"
Thunderbird Registry #33025 VTCI #11178

rayclark07"at"att.net (Home) 210-674-5781 (Cell) 210-875-1411
http://www.squarebirds.org/picture_gallery/TechnicalResourceLibrary/trl.htm
Old 07-27-2011, 07:07 PM
Super-Experienced

tbirds8 is on a distinguished road

Nice job a built 351 is what you need
Old 07-27-2011, 09:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Richard D. Hord View Post
Hey Bill,
THAT IS AWESOME! I hope you will make a YouTube video when you get her where she will run I would love to hear her sing!!!
Richard D. Hord
Richard
ive driven the car with the stock 5.0 and its runs realy strong
amazingly as is but im a horsepower hungry fool i almost cant wait till i get the 351 w built for it with the turbos it will be fun.
the pic of your car brings back memories my car looked like that bone stock when i was a kid very nice car . your right i will see about doing up a you tube vidieo when ive reached that stage
Old 07-27-2011, 09:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by YellowRose View Post
Hi Bill!

I see you got your pix posted! That is quite the job you are doing with your Tbird! I like the treatment of the radiator with the twin electric fans on it, and the Tbird cut outs also. Fantastic job you are doing! Thanks for sharing with us. Wait until some of the others see these pictures!
Ray thanks for the warm welcome of alowing me the newbie to your site . i think this is realy a neat site you have set up for all the t bird enthusists . i looked at some of you tech stuff thats realy great i seen the post for all the frame work i wish i knew about that post back when i revamped all my frame work i did alot of trial and error and dicecting different frame areas of the car to see how it was all built and came up with restruckturing the frame/unibody for extra stuctural suppot.
i will do up dates from time to time as my progress advances thanks again Bill
Old 07-28-2011, 08:10 AM
Super-Experienced

Dakota Boy is on a distinguished road

My car has a few touches of pro-street flavor...but I'd say yours is way tougher. One of kind for sure. I like it.

Here's my '58:

C6
Detroit Locker in a 9" rear w 4.10 gears
Hurst V-Matic II console shifter
Line lock
stock gas tank with a sump installed
Attached Images
File Type: jpg DSC02148.jpg (553.2 KB, 104 views)

Last edited by Dakota Boy : 07-28-2011 at 08:14 AM.
Old 07-30-2011, 04:52 AM
Experienced

FINSRIN is on a distinguished road

Is looking super awesome and outstanding. Rear wheel well came out perfect. Much like what you have done. Am about half way thru building a 460 powered 61 Studebaker Lark. So appreciate the extra effort it takes to do the big and little non-stock modifications. If I had got a Squarebird that needed a major rebuild then would like to do power train and other changes as you have.

Bill
Old 08-01-2011, 11:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dakota Boy View Post
My car has a few touches of pro-street flavor...but I'd say yours is way tougher. One of kind for sure. I like it.

Here's my '58:

C6
Detroit Locker in a 9" rear w 4.10 gears
Hurst V-Matic II console shifter
Line lock
stock gas tank with a sump installed
Very cool with the well opened up to acomidate the tires it
almost makes the car look like its been shortened it is a different look . im toying around with the idea of doing a 3''
chop top on my car . i have a pic of one i seen at a car show years ago but i have mixed emotions if i should do it or not.
i think i need to find a junker doner car and experiment first
Old 08-01-2011, 09:03 PM
Apprentice

Tenshi95 is on a distinguished road

Prostreet, mind sending me that pic of the chopped t-bird? always wondered what it would look like.

Thanks!
-Robert