X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • YellowRose
    Super-Experienced

• Jan 21 2008

johnbob's '59 White Convertible

Down in Anything Goes, I put some information about Johnbob in Canada, modifying his '59 Tbird with a 454 BBC hooked to a 400 turbo cradled in a Camaro sub frame (works real well). I am sure we are gonna want to know what he had to do to fit that Camaro sub frame in and make everything work! Here is what he had to say.

"As you can see I have to finish up the interior.You can see where I removed the old suspension and fitted in the Camaro Clip.The track is right on and the stance is correct. I chose and ordered from "The Bird Nest" in Oregon and I found him through you folks.I was also able to repair vacuum wipers and found T-bird wiring diagrams, steering column breakdown and replacing the clock with a black faced tach (mistake) on your site.( real big help ) I also have to tidy up the engine bay and put my fiesta flipper hubcaps on I rebuilt my dash so as it is all metal. All-in-all I have power disk brakes with the booster on the firewall -- power steering hopefully a good shifter mechanism because I have had these kind of cars jump into gear unattended before and a rewire job. I am OK with the old Ford 9 inch diff -- just did a seal change and brakes. My body is in the most part rust free -- just a small hole in one rocker -- and a few scratches to repair." Here are the pix he sent me.
    Attached Files
    Last edited by YellowRose; February 1, 2011, 06:37 PM. Reason: Additional Information

Ray Clark - Squarebirds Administrator
    The Terminator..... VTCI #11178 ITC #6000 Yellow Mustang Registry (YMR) #12188
    Contact me via Private Message for my email address, or Call (Cell) 210-875-1411

https://www.squarebirds.org/picture_gallery/TechnicalResourceLibrary/trl.htm
    Faye's Ovarian Cancer Memorial Website.
    https://faye.rayclark.info/index.html
  • GTE427
    Super-Experienced
    • Oct 9 2007

I really like what you have done with the dash, great idea. To take it one step further, having a metal dash finished with the texture of the console would make for a great appearence. Does anyone know if and how that could be done.
    Ken
    1959 J Convertible
    1960 J Hardtop

Comment

Working...
    😀
    🥰
    🤢
    😎
    😡
    👍
    👎