X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • YellowRose
    Super-Experienced

• Jan 21 2008

Model T Club Cruise!

This just goes to show ya that if a bunch of Model T owners can go cruisin' the country, we should be able to also, in our somewhat more "modern" Babybirds, Squarebirds, Bulletbirds and Flairbirds. Here is what Dennis ~ Buckaroo, sent me in email regarding a cruise they had a few days ago...

"On Saturday, May 26, our good friends Denis and Melody Pulvermacher organized a T tour starting in Princeton. Denis and Melody really know how to organize a tour. This is the second tour of his we have participated. The 6 Ts left his home outside of Princeton about 9AM. (One fellow drove his T from Plover, a 2 1/2 hour drive) We traveled around one side of Green lake and then out into Amish country. I think they enjoyed seeing our old cars as much as we enjoyed seeing them in the buggies. Our first stop was an Amish bakery. Next time we will have a large cooler with us. The rolls and pies looked terrific. We bought a small fruit pie for breakfast and soon we were back on the road. We saw 4 and 6 horse hitches working in the fields. The young children always had a big smile and wave as we passed their homes. Next stop was an Amish cheese store. Now we had cheese curds to munch on as we went down the road. We traveled through Kingston and then to Pardeeville. First a stop at an antique store and then on to Any Street Grill. The owner had our table all set up for us and I must say the burgers and service was excellent. After our bellies were full and we did a comfort break, we were back on the road. After cruising more back roads our next stop was Montello. There we had a comfort stop and a gas stop. We relaxed by the waterfall in the center of Montello. Denis then took us on some back roads the followed the Macan River. We drove across an old railroad bridge and were now back in Princeton. You can not go through Princeton without stopping at the ice cream shop. It was almost 5PM when we returned to Denis and Melody's. Eight hours and about 85 miles of touring. They will be repeating this tour in August with a different T club. If there is available room we may bring some T friends with us on the tour. if he has too many cars in August and if there is an interest with people from our area they will do the tour a third time in September. Please let me know if you have any interest in going on a tour like this. It was a nice slow drive with little traffic to worry about and beautiful scenery.

A big thank you goes out to Denis and Melody for proving a day of fun for the group. Great job!!"

Now for some neat pix!
    Attached Files

Ray Clark - Squarebirds Administrator
    The Terminator..... VTCI #11178 ITC #6000 Yellow Mustang Registry (YMR) #12188
    Contact me via Private Message for my email address, or Call (Cell) 210-875-1411

https://www.squarebirds.org/picture_gallery/TechnicalResourceLibrary/trl.htm
    Faye's Ovarian Cancer Memorial Website.
    https://faye.rayclark.info/index.html
  • Tbird1044
    Super-Experienced
    • Jul 31 2012

Great set of pics. Looks like it was a great day for cruising.
    Nyles

Comment

• Dan Leavens
      Moderator / Administrator

• Oct 4 2006

That is just way too cooland looks like a well planned day.
      Dano Calgary,Alberta Canada
      Thunderbird Registry
      58HT #33317
      60 HT (Sold )

Comment

Working...
      😀
      🥰
      🤢
      😎
      😡
      👍