X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Alexander
    Webmaster
    • Oct 30 2002

Defending the honor of Ford

My answer was voted best by the poster at Yahoo who asked "Are Fords really as bad as everyone says?
    Everyone says Ford means 'Found on road dead.' is this true?"

I made a typo in the answer. It was a 1998 Isuzu that they no longer could get ignition parts.

Alexander
    1959 Hardtop
    1960 Golde Top
    Alexander
    1959 Hard Top
    1960 Golde Top
    sigpic
  • SandyBoy
    Super-Experienced
    • Oct 31 2002

RE: Defending the honor of Ford

I don't think so. Isuzu(s) are re-badged Chevrolets and other GM cars. Isuzu no longer sells Japanese cars in the USA. GM bought the rights to the name last year. The Ascender is a Buick Rainer, GMC Envoy, Chevrolet Trailblazer. The i280 & i350 are the Chevy Colorado Pickups. They are all made in Illinois (I think) and are all rebadged GMs. They do not get their "identity" untill the last manufaturing station, where they get unique grilles, and emblems.

At the Chevy dealer there is a cross referance book, cross referancing Rainer, Envoy, Ascender & Trailblazer parts.

Comment

• Alexander
      Webmaster
      • Oct 30 2002

Wow, I did not know that the new Isuzu trucks were badge engineered GM trucks. It is ironic. The people buying them probably snub their noses at GM products.

According to my sources Isuzu was making the Rodeo and some other vehicles in the Isuzu-Subaru plant in Lafayette, Indiana until very recently.

Do you know the year they stopped?

Alexander
      1959 Hardtop
      1960 Golde Top
      Alexander
      1959 Hard Top
      1960 Golde Top
      sigpic

Comment

• SandyBoy
        Super-Experienced
        • Oct 31 2002

Last Rodeo SUV and Axiom Wagon were 2004. GM sold back to Isuzu the majority of their stake in Isuzu, and Isuzu no longer builds nor exports vehicles to the USA. They are all American made and are re-badged SUVs and pick-ups. They are terrific "buys" !! No, seriously, the public has not a clue. The fully loaded Ascender Limited with Luxury Leather Package (which is every option) is $2,500 less than an identical Chevy Trailblazer top of the line, with every option, and $3,500 less than a GMC Envoy, identically equipped and $4,000 less than the Buick Rainer. They are all 100% identical! Now, that said....the rebate on the Chevy, GMC & Buick are $2,000. The rebate on the Isuzu Ascender is $5,000 ! Want more ? The Chevy, GMC & Buick come with 3 year, 36,000 mile warrantee.
        The Isuzu(s) ?? 5 year 60,000 mile coverage !

The Isuzu Ascender & their i280 Pick-Up(s) are the buy of a lifetime. Honest !

Comment

Working...
        😀
        🥰
        🤢
        😎
        😡
        👍
        👎