X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Tbird1044
    Super-Experienced
    • Jul 31 2012

2018 TBird Pageant in Anaheim

Went to the TBird Pageant in Anaheim, CA today and was pleasantly surprised at the number of Squarebirds, and the quality of restoration, at the Pageant. There were some great cars there. Last year I took first place for hardtops and this year second. Still really happy about that. It was a great turnout and loved to talk with other Squarebird owners. I ask the female owner of the "pink" Bird what the color actually was and she said "PINK"! I said I know it's pink but what was the Ford Color and she said Flamingo. I always thought it was Palm Springs Rose, but what do I know? LOL
    Nyles
    Attached Files
  • bird 60
    Super-Experienced
    • Mar 18 2009

Some really good pix. Good to see a variety of clors.

Chris.....From OZ.

Comment

• Dan Leavens
      Moderator / Administrator

• Oct 4 2006

Nyles too funny on the " pink " colour. I once asked an older fella at a car show what tires he had on his classic. You guessed it,he said "round"
      How many 58's were there as I didn't see any from the row in the picture but a lot of 60's
      Dano Calgary,Alberta Canada
      Thunderbird Registry
      58HT #33317
      60 HT (Sold )

Comment

• Deanj
        Super-Experienced
        • Nov 26 2015

Originally posted by Tbird1044
        Went to the TBird Pageant in Anaheim, CA today and was pleasantly surprised at the number of Squarebirds, and the quality of restoration, at the Pageant. There were some great cars there. Last year I took first place for hardtops and this year second. Still really happy about that. It was a great turnout and loved to talk with other Squarebird owners. I ask the female owner of the "pink" Bird what the color actually was and she said "PINK"! I said I know it's pink but what was the Ford Color and she said Flamingo. I always thought it was Palm Springs Rose, but what do I know? LOL
        Nyles
        Yes Nyles, I have a Palm Springs Rose 1960. It isn't anywhere the pink color in your photo. My friends will always call it pink just to bug me, but it's a very pale pastel that women love for some cosmic reason.

Dean

Comment

• Tbird1044
          Super-Experienced
          • Jul 31 2012

Originally posted by Dan Leavens
          Nyles too funny on the " pink " colour. I once asked an older fella at a car show what tires he had on his classic. You guessed it,he said "round"
          How many 58's were there as I didn't see any from the row in the picture but a lot of 60's
          I'm pretty sure there were 2 58's entered and another one that did not get judged. The car next to mine was a 59 and took first place. It had just gone through a really good restoration that was completed about 4 months ago.
          Nyles

Comment

• Tbird1044
            Super-Experienced
            • Jul 31 2012

Here is a site with a lot of pictures by a real photographer. He is the son of one of the founders of the club sponsoring the Pageant. When you open the link, it will ask you for an email, but if you enter that, you can view all of the pictures. Sometimes you will think you are at the end of the pictures, but just keep clicking to the next one until they no longer advance. Enjoy.
            BTW, there are a few Fairlane pics for you guys too.

Nyles

Comment

Working...
            😀
            🥰
            🤢
            😎
            😡
            👍
            👎