X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Larry Tappen
    Experienced
    • May 5 2017

bulkhead plugs

does anyone making these. i'm talking about the bulkhead connectors{plugs} that is on the right side of firewall and passes through to the fuse box. mine has some melting issues and I would like to replace it. also I need the support rod{brace} that goes from the front fender apron and radiator support. this on the left side front. this is on page 4 of the body-assembly manual view cc exploded and view dd exploded, part # c43b-16du35. is this brace needed as there isn't one on the right side? this for a 64 bird ht. hope everyone has a great year, thanks for the help,larry t.
  • jopizz
    Super-Experienced

• Nov 23 2009

Originally posted by Larry Tappen
    also I need the support rod{brace} that goes from the front fender apron and radiator support. this on the left side front. this is on page 4 of the body-assembly manual view cc exploded and view dd exploded, part # c43b-16du35. is this brace needed as there isn't one on the right side? this for a 64 bird ht. hope everyone has a great year, thanks for the help,larry t.
    I don't see anything with that part number in the parts manual. I don't have the assembly book. The prefix should be C4SB and there should be a number before the 35, not a letter. I see a C4SB-16D032. That's the long rod that goes from the center lock mechanism. There's also a similar rod on the driver side which is part number C4SB-16153. There is no rod on the passenger side. Ford didn't usually spend money on parts that aren't needed so I assume it served some purpose.

John
    Attached Files
    John Pizzi - Squarebirds Administrator

Thunderbird Registry #36223
    jopizz@squarebirds.org 856-779-9695

https://www.squarebirds.org/picture_gallery/TechnicalResourceLibrary/trl.htm

Comment

• Larry Tappen
      Experienced
      • May 5 2017

support brace

thanks for the reply john. the brace you show #16153 is what i'm talking about. the part number in my body/interior manual is different. my number is blurred, could be an o instead of a u. just wondering if this part is available or fab. one? thanks, larry.

Comment

• jopizz
        Super-Experienced

• Nov 23 2009

Originally posted by Larry Tappen
        just wondering if this part is available or fab. one? thanks, larry.
        I'm sure Pat Wilson Thunderbirds or The Bird Nest probably has used ones.

John
        John Pizzi - Squarebirds Administrator

Thunderbird Registry #36223
        jopizz@squarebirds.org 856-779-9695

https://www.squarebirds.org/picture_gallery/TechnicalResourceLibrary/trl.htm

Comment

• stubbie
          Experienced
          • Jul 7 2011

Easy enough to make one Larry. A piece of rod from the local hardware store. Thread one end and a bit of flat plate on the other end with a hole to put a bolt through.

Comment

• Larry Tappen
            Experienced
            • May 5 2017

support brace

john, stubbie, thanks for the info. I think I,ll try to make one up from the hardware store. larry.

Comment

Working...
            😀
            🥰
            🤢
            😎
            😡
            👍
            👎