Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Manaboy
    • May 3 2018

Squarebird Convertible

Acquired a 59 squarebird several months ago without a top. I am now attempting to install a new top. Does anyone know what the distance should be from the bottom of the window tack strip to the top tack strip. I've seen this dimension somewhere several months ago but can't remember where. ( 20 something inches ? ) thanks !

Also, are there members of squarebirds that live in the St George Ut area ? Please send me a note if interested.
    Last edited by Manaboy; July 16, 2018, 06:17 PM.
  • simplyconnected
    Administrator
    • May 26 2009

Tack strips are there to hold a headliner. Did you say this is a convertible?
    Member, Sons of the American Revolution

CLICK HERE to see my custom hydraulic roller 390 FE build.

"We've got to pause and ask ourselves: How much clean air do we need?"
    --Lee Iacocca

Comment

• Manaboy
      • May 3 2018

I may have posted this in the wrong forum but anyway, this is a convertible and there is a distance from the tack strip at the bottom of the window liner and a tack strip at the top of the window liner located in the first rib.

Comment

• partsetal
        Super-Experienced
        • Jun 4 2005

That dimension is provided by the maker of the top and is specific for THEIR back curtain. I've seen them range from 19" to 21". Go to the ARO top website, a company that made them originally for Ford and you will see what their number is. Compare it with the Robbins top or the Best top.
        Carl

Comment

• Manaboy
          • May 3 2018

Thank you Carl- Sounds correct. I've received the top and waiting for the window. Hopefully that dimension will be listed.

Comment

Working...
          😀
          🥰
          🤢
          😎
          😡
          👍
          👎