X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • YellowRose
    Super-Experienced

• Jan 21 2008

Why our return journey is delayed

I received this email from Tom, regarding their trip back home... And a picture showing why their return trip has been delayed...

"Hi all,
    Got about 60 miles down the road from the Beach Hop heading for home and Fat Cat started to make a rhythmical expensive sounding noise in the rear end.
    A kind passer by in a ‘78 Canaro stopped and offered help.
    He returned with a Chev truck and a trailer and we loaded Fat Cat on and he took us to his home where we rolled the F100 into his garage.
    He had a lot of the necessary tools but it took a combination of ga and an extra heavy home made slide-hammer ( heavy duty chain and hefty piece of box-section steel) to get the axle out.
    The pic is not the best but you can see the dried up bearing etc.
    Out helper put us up for the night at his house and has lent us a 2002 (or thereabouts) Mitsubishi Galant which is tidy and serviceable and he took the axle into the local engineers and ordered new bearing, shrink ring and seal for the axle.
    So we used the Mitsi to drive into Te Aroha and soaked in the spa pool nearby while waiting for the bearing to be fitted to the axle. More later! Tom."

Here is that picture....
    Attached Files

Ray Clark - Squarebirds Administrator
    The Terminator..... VTCI #11178 ITC #6000 Yellow Mustang Registry (YMR) #12188
    Contact me via Private Message for my email address, or Call (Cell) 210-875-1411

https://www.squarebirds.org/picture_gallery/TechnicalResourceLibrary/trl.htm
    Faye's Ovarian Cancer Memorial Website.
    https://faye.rayclark.info/index.html

Comment

• YellowRose
      Super-Experienced

• Jan 21 2008

scumdog working his way back home...

Here are a few more pix that Tom sent me.

"Hi gang,
      Here’s some random pics, it started off to show the dash of a NZ-new ‘57 Chev, as you can see the dash is the same as the US ‘56 dash.
      Then I thought I’d chuck in some other pics!
      Second pic is a Mk3 Ford Cortina from the early ‘70s, normally fitted with 1300cc, 1600cc or 2 litre Pinto type motor, this one has a V8 fitted.
      Third pic is of my happy axle with new bearing fitted and ready to be put back into the housing.
      Last pic I’d of Fat Cat this morning at Chris’s brothers place - Leonard and Debbie have stayed there. Tom"

Here are those pix.
      Attached Files

Ray Clark - Squarebirds Administrator
      The Terminator..... VTCI #11178 ITC #6000 Yellow Mustang Registry (YMR) #12188
      Contact me via Private Message for my email address, or Call (Cell) 210-875-1411

https://www.squarebirds.org/picture_gallery/TechnicalResourceLibrary/trl.htm
      Faye's Ovarian Cancer Memorial Website.
      https://faye.rayclark.info/index.html

Comment

• stubbie
        Experienced
        • Jul 7 2011

That 3rd reservoir in first pics is for the clutch and the white car further on is a Vauxhall Velox.

Comment

• DKheld
          Super-Experienced
          • Aug 27 2008

So cool to be able to attend a show halfway around the world............without even leaving the couch

Thanks Tom (and Ray).

Glad to see FC is back on the road - only 8 lives left though -

Comment

• scumdog
            Super-Experienced

• May 12 2006

Originally posted by stubbie
            That 3rd reservoir in first pics is for the clutch and the white car further on is a Vauxhall Velox.
            Yes to the Vauxhall (a ‘56) and I guess most people have only see cars with 2 master cylinders and have a bit of a head scratch on seeing a third!
            A Thunderbirder from the Land of the Long White Cloud.

Comment

• Dan Leavens
              Moderator / Administrator

• Oct 4 2006

Eric I agree that was very cool to see classics that otherwise we ( here in N.America ) would never see. Thanks guys for the pixs
              Dano Calgary,Alberta Canada
              Thunderbird Registry
              58HT #33317
              60 HT (Sold )

Comment

Working...
              😀
              🥰
              🤢
              😎
              😡
              👍