Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • cracken32racer
    • Aug 10 2017

Fuel Pump

Haven"t been able to get fuel to the carburator since I changed the fuel filter cartridge. Guessed that the pump went bad ??
    Changed the pump (new), still no gas to carb. Ran a hose from new fuel pump directly into a small gas can, still no gas to carb.
    I am in a situation where I need to move the car. My thoughts are to hook up an electric unit.....for temporary movement.
    Anybody have a reccomendation on an electric pump ? Where would I tie into to get my 12V ?
    Car is a 66 Town Landau, with 390
  • jopizz
    Super-Experienced

• Nov 23 2009

Did you fill the carburetor and run the car. Usually the pump won't draw gas just by cranking it if it's dry. It needs the engine running to generate enough vacuum to draw gas.

John
    John Pizzi - Squarebirds Administrator

Thunderbird Registry #36223
    jopizz@squarebirds.org 856-779-9695

https://www.squarebirds.org/picture_gallery/TechnicalResourceLibrary/trl.htm

Comment

• cracken32racer
      • Aug 10 2017

Fuel pump

John, no I did not fill the carb or run the car.
      What is the best way to fill the carburator ?

Comment

• jopizz
        Super-Experienced

• Nov 23 2009

If you have the original 4100 carburetor there are two tubes at the top front of the air horn. You can use a small funnel to pour gas into either one. That will fill the front bowl.

John
        John Pizzi - Squarebirds Administrator

Thunderbird Registry #36223
        jopizz@squarebirds.org 856-779-9695

https://www.squarebirds.org/picture_gallery/TechnicalResourceLibrary/trl.htm

Comment

Working...
        😀
        🥰
        🤢
        😎
        😡
        👍
        👎