X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • 57ford/60thunderbird
    Experienced
    • May 4 2009

Originally posted by Richard D. Hord
    Seeing these old Birds like this makes me cringe. Its a shame they meet there end sitting in a junk yard rotting away
    yeah i know what you mean when i first took these pics i was still on the hunt for one and i was very unhappy seeing them like this

i was wondering just how many squarebirds i watched get tottally demolished in the yearly demolition derbys i used to love to go to i was allways like oh no not another one
    i bet it averaged about 10 a year i actually probbably watched my familys old bird die in a demo derby most likly

but another way to look at it is some have to die so others can live cause we all know detroit aint rolling them out the doors anymore
    57 ford sedan
    60 thunderbird registry number 33404
    69 mustang coupe
    69 roadrunner

Comment

• Penelope
      Super-Experienced
      • Mar 4 2008

You are right again Keith, just went out in the shed and took one off my 60, and no spacers there either. I guess I was just being safe to make sure I got all the hardware!
      sigpicBill
      Thunderbird Registry 21903 & 33405

Comment

• Coral
        Super-Experienced

• Apr 3 2009

Originally posted by 57ford/60thunderbird
        heres the hardtop 58 i believe again this car has been like this for atleast 7-10 years prolly more like 15 when i go saturday i WILL take better updated pics

truly, a tissue please...

Comment

• YellowRose
          Super-Experienced

• Jan 21 2008

going to vist 2 squarebirds in a junkyard

Just a reminder to all of us. When you go visit Squarebirds in junkyards or anyplace, if one is just sitting somewhere, or is offered for sale. IF you can get the drivers door open, PLEASE copy off the information on the Data Plate, at least the VIN #, but all the data if you can get it. Then send it to John Rotella to be recorded in his Tbird Registry so we will have a record of where that Tbird is. john@tbirdregistry.com as recall from memory.

Ray Clark - Squarebirds Administrator
          The Terminator..... VTCI #11178 ITC #6000 Yellow Mustang Registry (YMR) #12188
          Contact me via Private Message for my email address, or Call (Cell) 210-875-1411

https://www.squarebirds.org/picture_gallery/TechnicalResourceLibrary/trl.htm
          Faye's Ovarian Cancer Memorial Website.
          https://faye.rayclark.info/index.html

Comment

Hi Keith!
            Yes...the curved trim piece that I need has two mounting holes. I need the drivers side!

Comment

• 57ford/60thunderbird
              Experienced
              • May 4 2009

Originally posted by Colo66
              Hi Keith!
              Yes...the curved trim piece that I need has two mounting holes. I need the drivers side!
              ok ill check for you
              57 ford sedan
              69 mustang coupe
              69 roadrunner

Comment

• Penelope
                Super-Experienced
                • Mar 4 2008

Keith, I also really need a LHS wiper arm too please. Much appreciated!
                sigpicBill
                Thunderbird Registry 21903 & 33405

Comment

• 57ford/60thunderbird
                  Experienced
                  • May 4 2009

ok bill , but thats one of the parts im looking for aswell and if you look at both pics neither car has the windshield still in them so we both may be out of luck

does anyone here know what other cars used the same wiper arm if any
                  57 ford sedan
                  69 mustang coupe
                  69 roadrunner

Comment

• tbird430
                    Super-Experienced
                    • Jun 18 2007

Boy my fathers 1959 Ford Fairlane Galaxie 500 wiper arms sure look CLOSE....
                    sigpic
                    The 1960 Ford Thunderbird. The WORLD'S most wanted car....

VTCI Member#6287.

Comment

• 57ford/60thunderbird
                      Experienced
                      • May 4 2009

Originally posted by tbird430
                      Boy my fathers 1959 Ford Fairlane Galaxie 500 wiper arms sure look CLOSE....

hmmm i know there is a 59 in the yard but it was burn to a crisp i have a pic of it also if you want to see it

there are several 57-64 fords in the yard i guess ill have to do some comparision shopping yes i know 57's wont work
                      57 ford sedan
                      69 mustang coupe
                      69 roadrunner

Comment

• 57ford/60thunderbird
                        Experienced
                        • May 4 2009

ok guys i just printed all this out im heading to the yard in the AM wether its raining or not so you all should be getting info back tomorrow night
                        wish me luck
                        57 ford sedan
                        69 mustang coupe
                        69 roadrunner

Comment

• 57ford/60thunderbird
                          Experienced
                          • May 4 2009

ok i just got back alittle bit ago man it was hot

i took pics of the 2 birds and got the info off the hardtop (took the whole plate off it) it is a 59 not a 58

the converts plate had been removed years ago by someone else so no info on it
                          speaking of the convert it still has its last ohio license plate on it from 1967 poor girl was only 8 years old when taken off the streets i told you theyd been there along time

i will post the pics of the birds soon and ill post some pics of some of the other cars rotting in this yard for those who need a good cry today

now for the part request's .......... bill, sorry both cars didnt have the wiper bezels or wiper arms (i took a pair off a 60 galaxie to compare with the one i have off my bird should be the same ill let you know they have about 10 60 gal's out there so if they are the same i get one of them for youwhen i go back in a week or so)

i forgot who asked about the small trim pices for the dash near the window but.... sorry who ever pulled the windshields from both cars must of taken them with them

the convert switches and convert specific emblems and things..... sorry all that stuff is gone the only convert parts left are the lift cylinders and the trunklid hinges trunklid is shot

the map light it was there and i got it but im nit really sure your gonna want it the plate it screws to on the dash was rusted away iddint have to unscrew it (if that tells you anything) the lens is cloudy but remarkably not crispy or fragile the switch is broke the light socket is rusty but i pulled it out of the dash far enough to find the electrical connections and cut the wires as far past them as i could ..if you want it ...just give a couple bucks for shipping and its yours
                          i took apic of it the pic will be in the link so check it out and let me know if you dont want it no problem

i got my bird a few odds and ends and grabbed a few extra 59 trim pieces just to have or maybe use for trade bait as i said im going back in a few weeks maybe next saturday with the new pics i took you all can better tell whats really there or not i will post the links soon
                          57 ford sedan
                          69 mustang coupe
                          69 roadrunner

Comment

• YellowRose
                            Super-Experienced

• Jan 21 2008

going to vist 2 squarebirds in a junkyard

Hi Keith!

Thanks for doing all that checking for us! It is to bad that the converts data plate had been removed, but you can still find it a VIN #. I will post the VIN # locations for Squarebirds at the bottom of this. You should be able to find them and record them. At least, with the VIN #'s you can contact John at www.tbirdregistry and give him the VIN #'s for his records.

We are all looking forward to seeing the pix.

Did either of them have a glove box light? If so, I would like one. You might also check the Galaxy's there, because some of them might also have glove box lights and if they do, it is probably the same as the Tbirds. If there are any Galaxy converts, same thing goes for the map light.

Here is the VIN locations. It is my understanding that you are looking at the picture as if you were standing in front of the drivers side headlights.
                            Attached Files

Ray Clark - Squarebirds Administrator
                            The Terminator..... VTCI #11178 ITC #6000 Yellow Mustang Registry (YMR) #12188
                            Contact me via Private Message for my email address, or Call (Cell) 210-875-1411

https://www.squarebirds.org/picture_gallery/TechnicalResourceLibrary/trl.htm
                            Faye's Ovarian Cancer Memorial Website.
                            https://faye.rayclark.info/index.html

Comment

• 57ford/60thunderbird
                              Experienced
                              • May 4 2009

ok lets see if i can get this to work the first time the pics are on photobucket im just gonna give you all the link to my albums
                              the first album is rotting 59 t-birds ........i know its a grim title
                              the 2nd album is rotting classics i tried to identify each car but some i dont know or i may have misidentified them if you know what they are please inform me
                              ok here goes http://s10.photobucket.com/albums/a148/69runner383/
                              if the link doesnt work let me know ill post my password and such ....whatcha gonna do delete my pics ****
                              57 ford sedan
                              69 mustang coupe
                              69 roadrunner

Comment

• 57ford/60thunderbird
                                Experienced
                                • May 4 2009

Originally posted by YellowRose
                                Hi Keith!

Thanks for doing all that checking for us! It is to bad that the converts data plate had been removed, but you can still find it a VIN #. I will post the VIN # locations for Squarebirds at the bottom of this. You should be able to find them and record them. At least, with the VIN #'s you can contact John at www.tbirdregistry and give him the VIN #'s for his records.

We are all looking forward to seeing the pix.

Did either of them have a glove box light? If so, I would like one. You might also check the Galaxy's there, because some of them might also have glove box lights and if they do, it is probably the same as the Tbirds. If there are any Galaxy converts, same thing goes for the map light.

Here is the VIN locations. It is my understanding that you are looking at the picture as if you were standing in front of the drivers side headlights.
                                NEVER MIND I FOUND IT STUPID SLOW COMPUTER LOL
                                ray i dont see the info?
                                if the vin is near the driver side headlight just so happens i cut the driver side headlight whole front corner off the black convert
                                when i go back out ill check on the glovebox light and map light i dont believe there is a 60 gal convert out there mainly hardtops
                                57 ford sedan
                                69 mustang coupe
                                69 roadrunner

Comment

Working...
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍