Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

With deep sorrow, I regret to inform you that Ray's Granddaughter has passed.

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • simplyconnected
    Administrator
    • May 26 2009

With deep sorrow, I regret to inform you that Ray's Granddaughter has passed.

Ray sent me an email with the shocking news:

This morning at 07:30am my youngest son Clint called me to tell me that he was on his way to Austin because Christy had passed away this morning.... Apparently, when her Mom, Leslie, woke up this morning to get ready for work, she found Christy had passed away sometime during the night. They think she might have had a seizure in her sleep. Christy was my oldest granddaughter at 25 years of age. Some of you might remember that she was born with spina bifada and severe curvature of the spine. As a result, she was paralyized from the waist down all her life and in a wheel chair.

She was the light of our life and she and Faye had such a wonderful bond between them. It was devasting to her when Faye passed away. But she carried on. She never complained of her plight, and aways was a joy to be around. We are all in shock, especially Clint and Leslie. Though she had experienced seizures in the past, from what I understand, this was totally unexpected because she was in pretty good health again, after a bout in the hospital several years back.

Clint and I and perhaps Christy were planning on driving to New Mexico on Wednesday for Thanksgiving at Ray and Vicky's home. It looks like they will be coming here instead.

Details regarding services and interrment have to be worked out. This was totally unexpected. It is unfortunate that she will not be able to be buried by Faye or Leslie's father, as they are both buried at Ft. Sam Houston National Cemetary here. She was so close to both of them. But this day she is in Heaven with her beloved great-grandmother, Mammaw, as we called her, her grandmother, Faye, and her grandfather, Dave. I am certain they are rejoicing in welcoming her amongst them.... Please put our families in your prayers. We need all the support we can get because this is a terrible loss to both families. Christy was so greatly loved.

Best Regards,
    Ray

My prayers and my heart goes out to Ray's family during this time of terrible grief. Christy was the apple of Ray's eye and I know he was working out a way to get a special van fitted for her to drive. When I hear more, I will let the membership know. May God rest Christy's soul and show the Clark family mercy. - Dave
    Member, Sons of the American Revolution

CLICK HERE to see my custom hydraulic roller 390 FE build.

"We've got to pause and ask ourselves: How much clean air do we need?"
    --Lee Iacocca

• simplyconnected
    Administrator
    • May 26 2009

More info on Christy Clark...

An email from Ray:
    Christy passed away this morning at home. Leslie woke up to go to work, checked on Christy and found that she had passed away during the night. The medical examiner has ruled that she died due to a seizure in combination with suffication. Apparently, the seizure caused her to turn over onto her stomach and with her face in her pillow, she was not able to move because of the seizure. This is what I understand.

Here are the details for the viewing and funeral arrangements for Christy. The viewing will be at 10am-noon this Wednesday, November 23rd, with the funeral service at 3pm the same day. The viewing and funeral services will be held at Beck Funeral Home, 1700 E. FM 1431, (also listed on their website as 1700 East Whitestone Boulevard) Cedar Park, TX 78613 - 512-259-1610 beckfuneralhome@hotmail.com http://www.beckchapels.com/ Flowers are welcome, if one desires to do so. Their website has a map, which can be enlarged. E. FM 1431 can be accessed from IH-35. It crosses under IH-35.

For those who wish to send sympathy cards, Leslie's address is: Leslie Clark, 924 Smoothing Iron Dr., Pflugerville, TX 78660. Please keep us in your prayers. This has hit the family terribly...

Love, Ray
    Member, Sons of the American Revolution

CLICK HERE to see my custom hydraulic roller 390 FE build.

"We've got to pause and ask ourselves: How much clean air do we need?"
    --Lee Iacocca

Comment

Ray, so sorry to hear about your loss. May God watch over you and your family during this difficult time. You're in my thoughts and prayers.

Comment

• Dan Leavens
        Moderator / Administrator

• Oct 4 2006

Ray our deepest regrets on your terrible loss from Marg and I ,in this time of need. Our thoughts and prayers go out to you and your family and can only pass along our heartfelt belief that she is finally at peace..
        Dano Calgary,Alberta Canada
        Thunderbird Registry
        58HT #33317
        60 HT (Sold )

Comment

• YellowRose
          Super-Experienced

• Jan 21 2008

With deep sorrow and regret, I regret to inform that Ray's Grandaughter passed.

Thank you for the postings and the comments. We are all in shock still. Much of my day has been spent in communications with my family, as Clint and Leslie's family get the arrangements set up. She was our first granddaughter and we loved her so much and we certainly let her know it.... Tell your loved ones that you love them.... You don't want it to be to late to do so.

Dave will be watching over the site as I am away for a bit. I should be back at it after Thanksgiving day..

Ray Clark - Squarebirds Administrator
          The Terminator..... VTCI #11178 ITC #6000 Yellow Mustang Registry (YMR) #12188
          Contact me via Private Message for my email address, or Call (Cell) 210-875-1411

https://www.squarebirds.org/picture_gallery/TechnicalResourceLibrary/trl.htm
          Faye's Ovarian Cancer Memorial Website.
          https://faye.rayclark.info/index.html

Comment

• scumdog
            Super-Experienced

• May 12 2006

Condolences from New Zealand.

Nothing that I say will help but I wish the rest of the family well in these tough days ahead.
            A Thunderbirder from the Land of the Long White Cloud.

Comment

• Jimz Bird
              Experienced
              • Feb 3 2011

Condolences Ray and thanks for the reminder. I believe she was very fortunate to have you around her.
              Jim
              Jimz Greenie with a White Hat and Brown Guts (ZE-XG)
              sigpic

CLICK HERE for Jimz web site

Comment

• 59thunder
                Experienced
                • Jul 14 2006

oh Ray, so sorry for you and your family

Tony

Comment

• fomoco59
                  Super-Experienced
                  • Jun 10 2005

Ray, Very sad news. Our condolences also,

Mike and Cyndie
                  sigpic
                  Mike Lemmon
                  '59 Raven Black Hardtop

http://www.tbirdregistry.com/viewdat...tryNumber=2461

Comment

• DKheld
                    Super-Experienced
                    • Aug 27 2008

Very sorry to hear this Ray - condolences from our family too.

Eric

Comment

So sorry ...

to hear of your loss. Are prayers go out to you and yours. Mike

Comment

• SandyBoy
                        Super-Experienced
                        • Oct 31 2002

Words fail me, Ray. I know that special pain & sadness, oh too well.
                        May the good God above watch over you and keep you safe & strong at this very trying time.
                        Always here for you.

Sandy

Comment

• Anders
                          Super-Experienced
                          • Jan 19 2008

What a sad day it must be Ray. What a nightmare I remember so well things and storys you have told us about her, and I liked your expression " She the Apple of my eyes" so much that I tell my grand daughters the same, all the time. My deepest condolences to you and your family.
                          All the best,
                          Your friend, Anders
                          Last edited by Anders; November 22, 2011, 04:39 PM.
                          sigpic..."Lil darling Ruth":)
                          http://www.tbirdregistry.com/#33158

Comment

• keith
                            Super-Experienced
                            • Feb 13 2010

Ray, I am so sorry to hear of your loss. May God be with you and your family.

Keith Daleen
                            Keith
                            Sedalia, Mo.
                            sigpic
                            CLICK HERE for Keith's web site

Comment

• Penelope
                              Super-Experienced
                              • Mar 4 2008

My thoughts are with you Ray. Deepest deepest condolences..
                              sigpicBill
                              Thunderbird Registry 21903 & 33405

Comment

Working...
                              😀
                              🥰
                              🤢
                              😎
                              😡
                              👍
                              👎