X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • cubbear
    Experienced
    • Nov 29 2008

installing 2105 edelbrock intake

installing new intake see it has no provisions for oil fill tube what to do? also how are you mounting temp sender heater hose connection vacumn ect thanks again also no breather
  • 59thunder
    Experienced
    • Jul 14 2006

See my attached picture hope that helps,

Oil fill via valve covers (EDL4462 )

Water temp sender via hole in the centre front of manifold you will need an adapter for the temp sender

And straight coolant hose from water pump onto connector at face of the manifold, and 90 degree fitting out of manifold to heater .

ps Make sure you have good sealant on your manifold

Vacuum at rear of manifold on genuine ford tree

My holley carb (80670) 670 avenger also has vaccum pipe ports as well but i have not used these

The other thing you will have to change is your kick down lever length if you change your carb, as the old lever is not long enough, you will also have to bend your throttle linkage rod as well as it hits the new intake manifold

Good luck Tony
    Attached Files
    Last edited by 59thunder; January 14, 2012, 06:56 PM.

Comment

• c4clewis
      Experienced
      • Aug 18 2010

It's been awhile while I've been moving around and getting settled in, but I just put this manifold on as well (well, like 8 months ago).

You can do as mentioned above, and the Edelbrock valve covers look good. Or, you can just get a grommet kit, drill your existing valve covers and keep a more original look.

BTW, I had a rather large gap underneath the installed intake. "The Right Stuff" RTV worked great with a liberal application to fill the void.

Also, it does mention it in the directions, but if you have the alignment pin for your stock intake, make sure you remove it from the block.

Comment

Working...
      😀
      🥰
      🤢
      😎
      😡
      👍
      👎