X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Infinite Monkeys
    Apprentice
    • Aug 24 2017

What 20 + years sitting outside looks like

This is how I found it. I've had it for about 2 months and it still looks the same, just a bit cleaner. The road tube is now plumbed into the filter, yes I know this is robbing clean air from the intake, but the fumes were too much to bear.
    Last edited by Infinite Monkeys; August 28, 2017, 12:19 AM.
  • Infinite Monkeys
    Apprentice
    • Aug 24 2017

Pics didn't post the first time.
    Attached Files

Comment

• YellowRose
      Super-Experienced

• Jan 21 2008

Yup, it looks like she has been sitting for quite awhile! But you will fix 'er up, I am sure. I see she has the blue non-OEM Thunderbird valve covers on her like my chromed ones, and a aftermarket air cleaner, and no AC. That, down the road, if you want to, you can add using the Classic Auto Air aftermarket system made specially for Squarebirds. Now you can add pix as you want to! Gonna call it a night!

Ray Clark - Squarebirds Administrator
      The Terminator..... VTCI #11178 ITC #6000 Yellow Mustang Registry (YMR) #12188
      Contact me via Private Message for my email address, or Call (Cell) 210-875-1411

https://www.squarebirds.org/picture_gallery/TechnicalResourceLibrary/trl.htm
      Faye's Ovarian Cancer Memorial Website.
      https://faye.rayclark.info/index.html

Comment

• Dan Leavens
        Moderator / Administrator

• Oct 4 2006

Just think what it will look like with a little TLC ( Tender Lovin Care )
        Dano Calgary,Alberta Canada
        Thunderbird Registry
        58HT #33317
        60 HT (Sold )

Comment

• jopizz
          Super-Experienced

• Nov 23 2009

Originally posted by Infinite Monkeys
          This is how I found it. I've had it for about 2 months and it still looks the same, just a bit cleaner. The road tube is now plumbed into the filter, yes I know this is robbing clean air from the intake, but the fumes were too much to bear.
          There's nothing wrong with plumbing the draft tube into the intake. However if you don't have one installed I recommend putting a PCV valve somewhere in the hose.

John
          John Pizzi - Squarebirds Administrator

Thunderbird Registry #36223
          jopizz@squarebirds.org 856-779-9695

Comment

• Infinite Monkeys
            Apprentice
            • Aug 24 2017

Originally posted by jopizz
            There's nothing wrong with plumbing the draft tube into the intake. However if you don't have one installed I recommend putting a PCV valve somewhere in the hose.

John

Will do.
            Thanks again.

Comment

• Infinite Monkeys
              Apprentice
              • Aug 24 2017

I've gone through about 30 cars in the last 10 years or so, ranging from several Mustangs (still have a '01 supercharged, convertible 5 speed, built the engine and trany on it, with 55K original miles) to a sandrail and a dune buggy (still have it) to an early Bronco, '71 (still have and love it).

But this '60 T-bird, which is full of rust, with faded paint and VERY FAR from "clean" attracts more attention than any other vehicle I've had. I can't leave the gas station without someone coming over to talk to me about it. So many people can relate to this car at some level, everyone has a story about it, had a guy followed me home just so he could check out the car. Turned out to be a great guy.

Can anyone else relate to this?

Comment

• YellowRose
                Super-Experienced

• Jan 21 2008

Yup, I can and many others can also. Over the time I have owned her, I have been pulled over, stopped, or talked to at S&S events about the Tbird they used to own many years ago, etc... Often times the conversations ends with "I wish I still had that old car"...

Ray Clark - Squarebirds Administrator
                The Terminator..... VTCI #11178 ITC #6000 Yellow Mustang Registry (YMR) #12188
                Contact me via Private Message for my email address, or Call (Cell) 210-875-1411

Faye's Ovarian Cancer Memorial Website.
                https://faye.rayclark.info/index.html

Comment

Working...
                😀
                🥰
                🤢
                😎
                😡
                👍
                👎