X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • YellowRose
    Super-Experienced

• Jan 21 2008

Castroville, TX Fly-In-Drive-In

This was the weekend of the first Castroville, TX Fly-in & Drive-In event, on Saturday. However, due to a fog Saturday morning, no one flew in and I was the only one who drove in! Apparently, between the fog, and poor advertising, no one made it to this event. However, the airport manager asked me to stay awhile and see if others showed up. He told me that I could drive to the hangers and see the airplanes and talk with some of the pilots and owners who were working on their airplanes.

So I did and enjoyed talking with them and seeing their airplanes. They enjoyed getting to see Rose as I opened her up for them to get a good look at her. One of the owners had his children with him and his little girls was riding around in a Red Baron Bi-Wing pedal plane! He said that it was won at the Reno Air Races recently and brought back for his little girl to have.

I got to speak with some other owners also, and saw a 1943 Boing Bi-Wing, and a 1941 single wing airplane, which you will see in the pictures, along with the Red Baron. I enjoyed the visit with them and they enjoyed seeing Rose. The wife of one of them fell in love with Rose and wanted to buy her! I told her that she was not for sale, and her husband said "Thank you! You just saved me a lot of money!"

After a visit of about an hour and a half, I headed back to the house. Here are a couple of pix.
    Attached Files

Ray Clark - Squarebirds Administrator
    The Terminator..... VTCI #11178 ITC #6000 Yellow Mustang Registry (YMR) #12188
    Contact me via Private Message for my email address, or Call (Cell) 210-875-1411

https://www.squarebirds.org/picture_gallery/TechnicalResourceLibrary/trl.htm
    Faye's Ovarian Cancer Memorial Website.
    https://faye.rayclark.info/index.html

Hey Ray,
    Sorry show did not work out! Sounds like you had a good time anyway
    Richard D. Hord

Comment

Working...
    😀
    🥰
    🤢
    😎
    😡