X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • YellowRose
    Super-Experienced

• Jan 21 2008

Simplyconnected's '58 Tbird!!!!

It has long been noted that our intrepid webmaster, Dave Dare ~ simplyconnected, is managing a Thunderbird Forum, but does not own one! So, one of our members (who shall remain nameless for the time being) decided to do something about that! Imagine Dave’s surprise and shock when a truck pulled up to his house yesterday with a 1958 Blue Squarebird Convertible on it! He liked to have fallen out of his chair! Now I don’t know why the donor would think that Dave needs a convertible in the dead of a Michigan winter, but that is what was shipped! The donor noted that it was nearly Christmas and he thought that Dave deserved a good Christmas present for all the stellar work he does to keep our Forum running. Dave noted that in a few more days, on the 12th, it will also be his birthday, so he has been doubly gifted!

This is only his second ever convertible to own. This Squarebird looks to be in pretty good condition, but it was noted that it is a fixer upper, and has some things that need to be fixed on it, but all the parts are there. The donor knew that Dave would enjoy something like this to work with and would want to bring it up to snuff by improving and modifying it. Dave is already thinking of adding disc brakes and a dual MC/power booster under the hood. He also mentioned installing LED’s in the taillights, and headlights, and painting it. He told me he is not going to paint it pearlized yellow like Rose, but will pick an original color from the ’58 paint chart. He probably will put the engine and exterior chrome kits on it. He might even make it into a low rider with side pipes and may even put hydraulics on to make it a “jumper!”

Here is what it looks like now. Who knows what this Bird is going to look like when he gets finished working on it! This will give him something to keep him busy over the winter, besides shoveling snow! We can no longer say that our webmaster is Tbirdless!
    Attached Files

Ray Clark - Squarebirds Administrator
    The Terminator..... VTCI #11178 ITC #6000 Yellow Mustang Registry (YMR) #12188
    Contact me via Private Message for my email address, or Call (Cell) 210-875-1411

https://www.squarebirds.org/picture_gallery/TechnicalResourceLibrary/trl.htm
    Faye's Ovarian Cancer Memorial Website.
    https://faye.rayclark.info/index.html
  • tbird430
    Super-Experienced
    • Jun 18 2007

HAHAHA!!

Well, Congrats Dave!!

And, yes, thanks for the had work you put into this site sir.

-Jon in TX.
    sigpic
    The 1960 Ford Thunderbird. The WORLD'S most wanted car....

VTCI Member#6287.

Comment

• Dan Leavens
      Moderator / Administrator

• Oct 4 2006

Dave if only it were true They only made about 2700 converts in 58, so they are very rare Also you may not know but the 1958 TBird was named the " Car of the Year " Maybe that's why the initial production run was later to get them out to the public???
      For you 57 owners that is also why the last year of the " babybird " was higher in production until the 58 was produced
      Dano Calgary,Alberta Canada
      Thunderbird Registry
      58HT #33317
      60 HT (Sold )

Comment

• YellowRose
        Super-Experienced

• Jan 21 2008

Simplyconnected's '58 Tbird!!!!

Aha!!!! I see we have some Doubting Thomas's here! Would I steer you wrong? Dave DOES now own a '58 Tbird Convertible!

Ray Clark - Squarebirds Administrator
        The Terminator..... VTCI #11178 ITC #6000 Yellow Mustang Registry (YMR) #12188
        Contact me via Private Message for my email address, or Call (Cell) 210-875-1411

https://www.squarebirds.org/picture_gallery/TechnicalResourceLibrary/trl.htm
        Faye's Ovarian Cancer Memorial Website.
        https://faye.rayclark.info/index.html

Comment

• bird 60
          Super-Experienced
          • Mar 18 2009

It's amazing how real it looks. Two areas that didn't look right apart from the convertible top was the chrome parts on the door & the large door gaps.

Chris.....From OZ.

Comment

Working...
          😀
          🥰
          🤢
          😎
          😡
          👍
          👎