X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • YellowRose
    Super-Experienced

• Jan 21 2008

Frankie Avalon..

Here is what John Rotella has in his Registry regarding a possible Frankie Avalon owned Tbird...

http://www.tbirdregistry.com/viewdat...ryNumber=31117

A search for anything on Ritchie Valens did not bring up anything.

Ray Clark - Squarebirds Administrator
    The Terminator..... VTCI #11178 ITC #6000 Yellow Mustang Registry (YMR) #12188
    Contact me via Private Message for my email address, or Call (Cell) 210-875-1411

https://www.squarebirds.org/picture_gallery/TechnicalResourceLibrary/trl.htm
    Faye's Ovarian Cancer Memorial Website.
    https://faye.rayclark.info/index.html

Comment

Ritchie and Frankie

Alan and Ray, great to get your input on these two birds. If we are to now consider your posts to be the final word, this then could be “The Day the Music Died”, or at least the mystery continues. And Alan, thanks for sharing your experiences in the bliss of married life. Great story!

Comment

• 77sunset
        • Jan 9 2004

Ritchie and Frankie

Oh Boy (a la Buddy Holly) here we go again. The Avalon T-bird in the registry is a '60 convertible. I only recall Frankie owning a '59 convertible. There was an interesting article in the August '59 issue of "Movieland and TV Time" that was written in the first person by Frankie about his new T-bird. Don't know if he was in kahoots with Ford but he sure gloated over the car. He said the upholstery was black and gold..must have been a special order. There were a couple of pictures of Frankie and the T-bird that accompanied the article. They must have been taken at the same time as the picture at the beginning of this thread because he's wearing the same leather jacket!
        Now that we've determined the year and model of Ritchie's and Frankie's birds (ha,ha) maybe we should turn our attention to other stars/personalities who were fortunate enough to own a Squarebird. I'm sure there were many of them. Examples are singers Cliff Richard and Bob Seger, fashion designer Ann Cole, and actress Dina Merrill.

Comment

• triple60squares
          Experienced
          • Jan 25 2013

a little off topic here but does anyone know who owns/owned the black 60 convertable in the music video "broken wings" from the artist mr mister they aslo had apic of it on the record album sleeve
          60 hardtop royal burgundy/ colonial white top
          60 hardtop colonial white/red leather
          60 convertable PARTS CAR will trade convert parts for hardtop parts

Comment

• 77sunset
            • Jan 9 2004

A little off-topic triple60squares but another good stream of Squarebird impact: music videos. The Squarebird in Broken Wings is a '59 and it's hard to tell what the color is since it was filmed in black and white but it appears rather light so I don't think it was black; it sure received great coverage in the video though. A couple of other music videos featuring Squarebirds are "Don't Disturb This Groove" ('60 hardtop) and " Special Girl" ('60 convertible).

Comment

• triple60squares
              Experienced
              • Jan 25 2013

man thats flat odd i just googled broken wings and yeah its in black and white and its a59 bird

but i swear when i was a kid the video was in color and it was deffinatly a black 60 and they had a pic of the car on the album

so i also googled images of mr mister and there was no pic of an album cover with the bird on it either im pretty sure i aint crazy well, atleast i was pretty sure
              60 hardtop royal burgundy/ colonial white top
              60 hardtop colonial white/red leather
              60 convertable PARTS CAR will trade convert parts for hardtop parts

Comment

Mr. Mister Broken Wings

For anybody interested the Mr. Mister "Broken Wings" youtube vid is at http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8HTAX2Jchsw

Great song, great car and a very nice video. Sure don't make 'em now like they used to.

Comment

• tbird430
                  Super-Experienced
                  • Jun 18 2007

I forgot about this Mr.Mister song. I must have been in Jr.High School back then??

Def. don't remember the Squarebird in the vid.

Looks like this Bird had pwr. windows, leather seats, and look at those "odd" outside mirrors.

-Jon in TX.
                  sigpic
                  The 1960 Ford Thunderbird. The WORLD'S most wanted car....

VTCI Member#6287.

Comment

• 77sunset
                    • Jan 9 2004

Ritchie Valens

Now that I'm convinced it was a '58 hardtop that Ritchie had, I wonder if he was influenced (that is if he had any say in the matter) by the CARNU ad that appeared in various publications in 1958 featuring a monarch blue '58 Thunderbird hardtop (albiet with a white roof)? Over the years I have only seen one monarch blue '58 and it was a convertible (like the Danbury mint model).

Comment

Working...
                    😀
                    🥰
                    🤢
                    😎
                    😡
                    👍
                    👎