Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • dhanks
    • Apr 26 2010

Can not get the search to work

I have been a member for quite a while now and I get frustrated every time I try to search. I can put in five or ten words in the field and I still get, your search did not have the required 4 minimum words. The only way I ever get to find information is by this thread. If any one can tell me how to make the search work.

My search was to find if anyone has the information on factory air. My maintenance book only shows controls for heat and natural air. My control is hung up and I need to see instructions for the factory air controls.

Thanks
  • newbird59
    Experienced
    • Dec 27 2011

I'm in the same boat..and it's actually frustrating. I'm trying to see if there is something I can play around with to help you out.

If anything, someone can respond with some knowledge about your question in this thread.
    1960 Thunderbird
    429 TJ
    C6 Tranny
    Under Construction

Comment

• YellowRose
      Super-Experienced

• Jan 21 2008

First of all, I moved this out of the Technical Forum to here. We are aware that we don't have the best Search engine in this software, but we are stuck with it. Part of the problem you are having might be caused by recent changes in Microsoft Windows and Internet Explorer. Many people who have switched to Win7 and IE9 are having this type of problem. So after checking into this, I have changed our Editor from the WYSIWYG Editor to the Standard Editor when a new member joins us. That seems to have fixed many peoples problem. However, those who still have their Editor set to the WYSIWYG Editor might still be having a problem. Some using Win7 and IE9 are not having the problem, and some are.

If you want to get off the WYSIWYG Editor and use the Standard Editor to see if that fixes your problem, go to User CP in the black border. Click on it and go through your settings until you find that section on the Editor. Change it from the WSYIWYG Editor to the Standard Editor and SAVE IT. Then see if that fixes the problem.

dhanks, I just changed your settings to the Standard Editor, and I will change yours also, newbird59, after I post this. Hopefully, that will fix the problem. Also, we have found when using the Search engine, to put " around the search statement and that often gets you results. Like "AC Adjustments"

Also, dhanks, the 1958, 1960 (which probably also applies to the '59) AC Troubleshooting Manuals are listed in the Technical Resource Library (Which is always a part of my signature element), so go there and you should find what you are looking for, I hope.

Ray Clark - Squarebirds Administrator
      The Terminator..... VTCI #11178 ITC #6000 Yellow Mustang Registry (YMR) #12188
      Contact me via Private Message for my email address, or Call (Cell) 210-875-1411

https://www.squarebirds.org/picture_gallery/TechnicalResourceLibrary/trl.htm
      Faye's Ovarian Cancer Memorial Website.
      https://faye.rayclark.info/index.html

Comment

Originally posted by YellowRose
        If you want to get off the WYSIWYG Editor and use the Standard Editor to see if that fixes your problem, go to User CP in the black border. Click on it and go through your settings until you find that section on the Editor. Change it from the WSYIWYG Editor to the Standard Editor and SAVE IT. Then see if that fixes the problem.
        Ray, I too have always had difficulty in doing searches. So did what you said above and can't find the Editor. When I go to User CP in black border all I see is shown below. I kinda need a Squarebirds for Dummies edition
        Control PanelSettings & OptionsEdit SignatureEdit Email & PasswordEdit ProfileEdit OptionsEdit AvatarEdit Profile PicturePrivate Messages FoldersInboxSent Items
        List MessagesSend New MessageEdit FoldersSubscribed Threads FoldersSubscriptions
        List SubscriptionsEdit FoldersMiscellaneousEvent RemindersPaid SubscriptionsGroup MembershipsBuddy / Ignore ListsAttachments

Well that didn't copy/paste like it had first showed in my reply post, but the above catagories are all I see.
        Last edited by Guest; August 8, 2012, 10:23 PM. Reason: copy/paste goofy

Comment

• YellowRose
          Super-Experienced

• Jan 21 2008

When you click on User CP in the black border above this you should be seeing the following:
          Control Panel
          Settings & Options
          Edit Signature
          Edit Email & Password
          Edit Profile
          Edit Options
          Edit Avatar
          Edit Profile Picture

Private Messages
          List Messages
          Send New Message
          Track Messages
          Edit Folders

Subscribed Threads
          List Subscriptions
          Edit Folders

Moderation
          Deleted Threads
          Deleted Posts
          Moderated Threads
          Moderated Posts

Miscellaneous
          Event Reminders
          Paid Subscriptions
          Group Memberships
          Buddy / Ignore Lists
          Attachments

In this case, the option you want is in Settings & Options. You want to select Edit Options. Clicking on it will bring it up and under it are a number of things you should be seeing:

Login & Privacy
          Messaging & Notification
          Thread Display Options
          Date & Time Options
          Miscellaneous Options

This last one, Miscellaneous Options is the one that determines which Editor to use. Look at Message Editor Interface. You have three choices.

Basic Editor - a simple text box
          Standard Editor - Extra Formatting Controls
          Enhanced Interface - Full WSYWIG Editing

Until people started upgrading their PC's to Win7 and/or IE9 (though some of you running those versions are not having problems) we had the Editor set to Enhanced Interface - Full WSYWIG Editing. In fact, there are many of you who are still set to that setting who have been on this Forum for awhile. I would have to change several hundred of you over to the Standard Editor - Extra Formatting Controls or the Basic Editor - a simple text box, manually. So what I have done a few weeks ago, when this problem for our users kept popping up when trying to post and getting that error that you have to enter more than 10 characters, or whatever that error says, is change the setting for the site for future members to the Standard Editor - Extra Formatting Control. This is covered in the PC Help Desk Forum. In fact, I am going to move this thread there after I post this.

What I would suggest is to go to your User CP and follow these instructions to change your Message Editor Interface to Standard Editor - Extra Formatting Control and see if that fixes your problem. I hope it will also fix the Search problem you have been encountering. Also, try putting your search statement in quotes. If that does not fix the problem, let Dave or I know so we can look further into this. Apparently, for some people, there is something in Win7 and/or IE9 that does not like our software.

Contact me via Private Message for my email address, or Call (Cell) 210-875-1411

Comment

• fomoco59
            Super-Experienced
            • Jun 10 2005

That worked for me ! Thanks Ray!
            sigpic
            Mike Lemmon
            '59 Raven Black Hardtop

http://www.tbirdregistry.com/viewdat...tryNumber=2461

Comment

• dhanks
              • Apr 26 2010

Thanks

Thanks,
              I checked my setting and I am already on Standard, so I am not sure if my problem will get better or not but I did go to the tech page and I was able to find ac information. My problem there was that I had put that page on my favorites on my web page and I was getting a message that the page I wanted could not be found.

Thanks
              Dave

Originally posted by YellowRose
              When you click on User CP in the black border above this you should be seeing the following:
              Control Panel
              Settings & Options
              Edit Signature
              Edit Email & Password
              Edit Profile
              Edit Options
              Edit Avatar
              Edit Profile Picture

Private Messages
              List Messages
              Send New Message
              Track Messages
              Edit Folders

Subscribed Threads
              List Subscriptions
              Edit Folders

Moderation
              Deleted Threads
              Deleted Posts
              Moderated Threads
              Moderated Posts

Miscellaneous
              Event Reminders
              Paid Subscriptions
              Group Memberships
              Buddy / Ignore Lists
              Attachments

In this case, the option you want is in Settings & Options. You want to select Edit Options. Clicking on it will bring it up and under it are a number of things you should be seeing:

Login & Privacy
              Messaging & Notification
              Thread Display Options
              Date & Time Options
              Miscellaneous Options

This last one, Miscellaneous Options is the one that determines which Editor to use. Look at Message Editor Interface. You have three choices.

Basic Editor - a simple text box
              Standard Editor - Extra Formatting Controls
              Enhanced Interface - Full WSYWIG Editing

Until people started upgrading their PC's to Win7 and/or IE9 (though some of you running those versions are not having problems) we had the Editor set to Enhanced Interface - Full WSYWIG Editing. In fact, there are many of you who are still set to that setting who have been on this Forum for awhile. I would have to change several hundred of you over to the Standard Editor - Extra Formatting Controls or the Basic Editor - a simple text box, manually. So what I have done a few weeks ago, when this problem for our users kept popping up when trying to post and getting that error that you have to enter more than 10 characters, or whatever that error says, is change the setting for the site for future members to the Standard Editor - Extra Formatting Control. This is covered in the PC Help Desk Forum. In fact, I am going to move this thread there after I post this.

What I would suggest is to go to your User CP and follow these instructions to change your Message Editor Interface to Standard Editor - Extra Formatting Control and see if that fixes your problem. I hope it will also fix the Search problem you have been encountering. Also, try putting your search statement in quotes. If that does not fix the problem, let Dave or I know so we can look further into this. Apparently, for some people, there is something in Win7 and/or IE9 that does not like our software.

Comment

• simplyconnected
                Administrator
                • May 26 2009

Originally posted by dhanks
                ...I had put that page on my favorites on my web page and I was getting a message that the page I wanted could not be found...
                Where is your web page looking? Can you give us the link to your web page? - Dave
                Member, Sons of the American Revolution

CLICK HERE to see my custom hydraulic roller 390 FE build.

"We've got to pause and ask ourselves: How much clean air do we need?"
                --Lee Iacocca

Comment

• Coral
                  Super-Experienced

• Apr 3 2009

We could add a google search to the forum gents - that would take care of any browser or OS issue without doing the hen peck in control panels

Comment

• YellowRose
                    Super-Experienced

• Jan 21 2008

Thanks, Cathie! Maybe Dave can pick up on this and see what can be done to do this. That might help things also.

Comment

Nice discussion!

Comment

Working...
                      😀
                      🥰
                      🤢
                      😎
                      😡
                      👍