Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Dementedan
    • Apr 13 2016

Identify this throttle linkage

I'm working on a 59 TBird but don't know what this throttle linkage originally came off from. I figure it's not original to this vehicle. The engine is a 352. Any ideas? Also, this is my first time posting a pic so I hope it comes through. (Edit) The photos didn't appear but I think these share links will work.

Thanks.

• jopizz
    Super-Experienced

• Nov 23 2009

As you can see by the picture yours is close to what it should look like but not exact. It's probably from a later model Ford, maybe mid-late 60's. It may be that you have a later intake. You should have a part number on the front of the intake directly in front of the carburetor that will tell if it's the correct year.

John
    Attached Files
    John Pizzi - Squarebirds Administrator

Thunderbird Registry #36223
    jopizz@squarebirds.org 856-779-9695

https://www.squarebirds.org/picture_gallery/TechnicalResourceLibrary/trl.htm

Comment

• Dementedan
      • Apr 13 2016

It is definitely close to that picture. I'll look at the intake part number to see if I can figure out that date. It's also good to see that spring in the picture because I didn't know what that little arm was for.

Thank you.

Comment

• Dementedan
        • Apr 13 2016

As it turns out, the linkage is exactly like the picture you showed me. Someone had just added that piece to the top and an additional spring. It's gone now. Thanks for your help.

Comment

• jopizz
          Super-Experienced

• Nov 23 2009

You're welcome. Without the spring that goes from the carburetor base to the linkage it isn't going to work correctly. It didn't look like that extra piece and spring did anything.

John
          John Pizzi - Squarebirds Administrator

Thunderbird Registry #36223
          jopizz@squarebirds.org 856-779-9695

https://www.squarebirds.org/picture_gallery/TechnicalResourceLibrary/trl.htm

Comment

Working...
          😀
          🥰
          🤢
          😎
          😡
          👍
          👎