• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • tbird430
    Super-Experienced
    • Jun 18 2007

There's nothing wrong with Perfection.
    sigpic
    The 1960 Ford Thunderbird. The WORLD'S most wanted car....

VTCI Member#6287.

Comment

• villain
      Apprentice
      • Jan 23 2011

WooHoo - fuse was out, now my turn signals work. bulbs were burned, now my reverse lights work.
      I read another post about slightly lifting the shift lever for starting in park - now that works fine too :-) (although I did already order all the detent plate stuff, so I'll freshen it all up in there shortly).
      not sure if i said this one before, but with some coercing, the horn now works too.
      I got the tint off all the windows cept the doors, which the glass is cracked in, but I think i can still get the tint off them till i get the glass done here soon.

I have developed several small leaks and the thing vibrates when making right turns, but it will go into Custom Auto (realhotrods.com) here shortly to sort all that stuff. I suppose it's been good to put some miles on it to get some of this stuff to reveal itself after the car sitting for so long.
      I really do love it. One of my funnest cars to date.
      -- D_Villain
      - 1960 Thunderbird J-code Golde (Registry #1560)

Comment

• tp tbird
        Experienced
        • Dec 17 2007

Radio and horn

Your car looks nice ,I know on the birds I have I had to take the horn apart and clean off the points inside because they sounded like a duck dieing now they work great.The radio I found the speakers magnets get leak after age if it does not sound loud.I put new speakers in and sounds good except it is AM,I did put a FM converter in so I could get the better stations that works if you don't want to go to the newer setup.
        Last edited by tp tbird; March 13, 2011, 03:50 PM.

Comment

• villain
          Apprentice
          • Jan 23 2011

Originally posted by tp tbird
          The radio I found the speakers magnets get leak after age if it does not sound loud.I put new speakers in and sounds good except it is AM,I did put a FM converter in so I could get the better stations that works if you don't want to go to the newer setup.
          I got a new speaker on the way from BirdsNest, and was thinking about putting this in - http://www.rediscoveradio.com/
          anyone used that thing?
          -- D_Villain

Comment

• villain
            Apprentice
            • Jan 23 2011

Couple new pics now that I got some of the stuff that was on there off and others fixed:

Also - I think Ray told me they never actually made a spotlight for the t-bird on the passenger side...if that's the case - what should the model and stuff read on the bottom of the light/mirror right where the mount is?
            Last edited by YellowRose; February 23, 2012, 03:01 PM. Reason: Pictures were linked to a bad server
            -- D_Villain

Comment

• Dakota Boy
              Super-Experienced
              • Jun 30 2009

You lucky devil.... your car has those cool chrome pieces around the tail-lights....

I see, in your postings above, you mentioned the rear tires on my car...
              They are 275/60-R15s on 10" wide Ansen Sprint mags.
              With a little more backspacing, I'm pretty sure I could fit a 12" rim in there someday.
              I cant take any credit for the bodywork on the rear quarter panels.
              The guy I got the car from had a vision for the car, and did a fine job in making it a reality.

LONG-term goal is to have a car that will run 11's (but not below 11.5, 'cuz I dont want a roll-cage in it).
              Car has a 460 engine, C-6 auto trans w/ V-Matic shifter on the console, 9" rear end with 4.10 gears and a Detroit Locker.
              Hurst Roll Control installed this winter. I suppose I should start saving for new tires....cuz I'm gonna punish them this summer. Ha ha HA!
              Last edited by Dakota Boy; March 17, 2011, 10:08 PM.
              http://www.tbirdregistry.com/viewdat...ryNumber=33517

Comment

Hey David
                That's one **** of a "nodding dog" on the package tray.
                Car looks really nice

Richard

Comment

• villain
                  Apprentice
                  • Jan 23 2011

Originally posted by Dakota Boy
                  You lucky devil.... your car has those cool chrome pieces around the tail-lights....

I see, in your postings above, you mentioned the rear tires on my car...
                  They are 275/60-R15s on 10" wide Ansen Sprint mags.
                  With a little more backspacing, I'm pretty sure I could fit a 12" rim in there someday.
                  I cant take any credit for the bodywork on the rear quarter panels.
                  The guy I got the car from had a vision for the car, and did a fine job in making it a reality.

LONG-term goal is to have a car that will run 11's (but not below 11.5, 'cuz I dont want a roll-cage in it).
                  Car has a 460 engine, C-6 auto trans w/ V-Matic shifter on the console, 9" rear end with 4.10 gears and a Detroit Locker.
                  Hurst Roll Control installed this winter. I suppose I should start saving for new tires....cuz I'm gonna punish them this summer. Ha ha HA!
                  Dude that sounds incredibly cool :-) got any more pics you can link me to?
                  Last edited by villain; March 18, 2011, 04:23 PM. Reason: Fixed wording....
                  -- D_Villain

Comment

• villain
                    Apprentice
                    • Jan 23 2011

Originally posted by 1960_430_AU
                    Hey David
                    That's one **** of a "nodding dog" on the package tray.
                    Car looks really nice

Richard
                    haha, Diesel loves that car. He can look out without standing on anything and when we roll around he normally looks out the back like that. He's loving the tint being gone :-)
                    -- D_Villain

Comment

• Dakota Boy
                      Super-Experienced
                      • Jun 30 2009

More pics, you say?

I have a thread in "our rides" that sorta documents the trials and tribulations I've had since I got the car in '09.
                      http://www.tbirdregistry.com/viewdat...ryNumber=33517

Comment

• YellowRose
                        Super-Experienced

• Jan 21 2008

Dave Bonvillian Has Another Golde Top!

I just got a couple of emails with pix of Dave's ~ villian, new Golde Top acquisition! It has been a few years since we last heard from him, but here is the new one and it looks to be a beauty! He is gonna modernize it. I see it even has that unobtainian Golde Top bar across the front of the top! Here is what Dave had to say and the pix.

"Hey Ray! Long time sir. I figured I would show you what I was up to Finally found a new Golde and am doing this one right! 4-link rear, airbag suspended, bored and stroked with individual throttle bodies, etc etc. It should be perfect Hope y'all are well!
                        Attached Files

Ray Clark - Squarebirds Administrator
                        The Terminator..... VTCI #11178 ITC #6000 Yellow Mustang Registry (YMR) #12188
                        Contact me via Private Message for my email address, or Call (Cell) 210-875-1411

https://www.squarebirds.org/picture_gallery/TechnicalResourceLibrary/trl.htm
                        Faye's Ovarian Cancer Memorial Website.
                        https://faye.rayclark.info/index.html

Comment

• villain
                          Apprentice
                          • Jan 23 2011

Hey everyone! Glad to be back!
                          It took me forever to find another Golde that was the 'right car', but the build is underway and it should be on the road by late Feb sometime.
                          Taking this one to the 9s :-)
                          -- D_Villain

Comment

• YellowRose
                            Super-Experienced

• Jan 21 2008

My new j-code golde

Dave sent me some pix of his disc brake conversion on his '60 Golde Top. Here they are! It is looking good!
                            Attached Files

Ray Clark - Squarebirds Administrator
                            The Terminator..... VTCI #11178 ITC #6000 Yellow Mustang Registry (YMR) #12188
                            Contact me via Private Message for my email address, or Call (Cell) 210-875-1411

https://www.squarebirds.org/picture_gallery/TechnicalResourceLibrary/trl.htm
                            Faye's Ovarian Cancer Memorial Website.
                            https://faye.rayclark.info/index.html

Comment

• villain
                              Apprentice
                              • Jan 23 2011

Airbag suspension is on that front end too :-)
                              The rear is next!
                              -- D_Villain

Comment

• Dan Leavens
                                Moderator / Administrator

• Oct 4 2006

Dave looking pretty sweet. Keep the pixs coming along with the rebuild
                                Dano Calgary,Alberta Canada
                                Thunderbird Registry
                                58HT #33317
                                60 HT (Sold )

Comment

Working...
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍