X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Dan Leavens
    Moderator / Administrator

• Oct 4 2006

Holiday Season

As the holiday season is fast approaching, we are all ( members and guests ) getting ready to celebrate the festive season with family. It is also the time of year when we reflect on this past year and are thankful our kids / grandkids / wives / husbands and parents are healthy and an important part of our lives.

To all of our worldwide members of the squarebirds.org family Merry Christmas and a happy New Year.

Adminstrators / Moderators / Webmaster
    squarebirds.org
    Dano Calgary,Alberta Canada
    Thunderbird Registry
    58HT #33317
    60 HT (Sold )
  • YellowRose
    Super-Experienced

• Jan 21 2008

Holiday Season

I second the comments of Dan Leavens to all of you! Here is wishing you a very Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year!

Ray Clark - Squarebirds Administrator
    The Terminator..... VTCI #11178 ITC #6000 Yellow Mustang Registry (YMR) #12188
    Contact me via Private Message for my email address, or Call (Cell) 210-875-1411

https://www.squarebirds.org/picture_gallery/TechnicalResourceLibrary/trl.htm
    Faye's Ovarian Cancer Memorial Website.
    https://faye.rayclark.info/index.html

Comment

• bird 60
      Super-Experienced
      • Mar 18 2009

A very Merry Christmas to all the members & your Family's.
      Here in Adelaide South Australia we're looking at a stinkin' 40C, 104F, for Christmas Day. Hopefully for you guys at the other side of the Globe don't get snowed under.

Best Wishes

Chris.....From OZ.

Comment

• Dan Leavens
        Moderator / Administrator

• Oct 4 2006

Chris on Christmas day here in Calgary, Alberta Canada it is supposed to be -13 C / 9 F which is above normal this time of the year. Especially being about an hour from the Rocky Mountains.
        Let's have some fun and have members post what their temperature will be and where they are.
        Dano Calgary,Alberta Canada
        Thunderbird Registry
        58HT #33317
        60 HT (Sold )

Comment

• YellowRose
          Super-Experienced

• Jan 21 2008

Holiday Season

Here in San Antonio, it is projected to be 76 F on Christmas Day!

Contact me via Private Message for my email address, or Call (Cell) 210-875-1411

Comment

• bird 60
            Super-Experienced
            • Mar 18 2009

76 F, that's fantastic Ray. That's what I would like for the whole year round. Wishful thinkin' I guess.

Chris....From OZ.

Comment

• YellowRose
              Super-Experienced

• Jan 21 2008

Holiday Season

Yes, Chris, that is a nice temp for us at this time of year. We just had a couple of nights when it got down below freezing, 32 F here, into the 20's, and not a whole lot warmer during the daytime. But it is warming up again with no forecast of anymore freezing temps for the rest of this month. It rarely snows here, and if we get anything at all, it is just flurries, or perhaps just enough to cover the lawns and maybe the streets. I have seen it get as low as 9 F here one year. That is very unusual for us.

But I will tell you a story. In January, 1985 when Johnny Carson was the host of our Tonight Show back then, he came on, one winter night and was asked a question by one of his guests. He had just gone through a divorce, and was asked if he would ever get married again. He said, "It will be a snowy night in San Antonio before I ever get married again!" The next night he was on again, when he started his show, he said he wanted to talk about something that he said the last night, and he repeated what he said. Then he followed that up with this. "Last night, San Antonio got 14 1/2 inches of snow!" And we did. And he DID get married again later on! True story! That snow storm had things tied up here for days because we are not equipped for big snow removal. That is the biggest snow storm I have seen since I have lived here since 1972! It is rare that we get any snow because, unlike the Dallas/Ft. Worth area, we are much further south in the State.

Comment

• lexdownunder
                Apprentice
                • Sep 7 2010

Gee!!
                Some of you guys will be melting & some freezing.
                Think I'd rather have the cold than really hot.
                Western Australia was always hot on Christmas Day. Usually around 30 C/86 F to 34 C/93 F.

Since we moved to Tasmania, the temperatures here on the central north coast are so temperate compared to the rest of Australia.
                Pretty much all year round, we have temps of minimum 8 C/46 F to maximum 20 C/68 F.
                Great temps for all year cruising.

Temp for Christmas Day is forecast maximum 22 C/ 71 F.

To all members of our squarebird family, Merry Christmas and a happy New Year.

Take care & keep safe & remember......Hug The Ones You Love!!

Lex & Susan
                Tasmania

Comment

• simplyconnected
                  Administrator
                  • May 26 2009

For this Christmas. I pray God's love reign on all our members' families and also usher in a peaceful and prosperous New Year.

Detroit normally enjoys a white Christmas. Sometimes it comes in the very last hours leading up. This year I'm sad to report, weekend temps are hovering around the mid 30's (just above freezing) with rain. Snow isn't forecast until the 28th.

This is 'gray, sloppy, dank' weather. I keep towels by the back door to wipe off dogs' wet/muddy paws every time they come in. I would rather warmer, dry weather or frozen, snowy weather. Actually, my heating bill loves a heat snap like this and I can't shovel rain so I have no complaint.

Merry Christmas and Happy New Year. - Robin & Dave Dare
                  Member, Sons of the American Revolution

CLICK HERE to see my custom hydraulic roller 390 FE build.

"We've got to pause and ask ourselves: How much clean air do we need?"
                  --Lee Iacocca

Comment

• fomoco59
                    Super-Experienced
                    • Jun 10 2005

Holiday Season

Merry Christmas from New York also ! Weather here is typical mid 30's for Christmas, but plenty of snow on the ground for a white one! God Bless.
                    sigpic
                    Mike Lemmon
                    '59 Raven Black Hardtop

http://www.tbirdregistry.com/viewdat...tryNumber=2461

Comment

• YellowRose
                      Super-Experienced

• Jan 21 2008

Holiday Season

Here are Holiday greetings from Marshall, Rosi & Girls from Montana, featuring one of Santa's other sleighs!
                      Attached Files

Comment

• stubbie
                        Experienced
                        • Jul 7 2011

We don't have much "in between" weather as I call it here in Perth. It's either 30c + or rainy and cold 14. Christmas day forecast to be 33c. Not our usual 40+ which is great news for our 240km round trip to have lunch with the in laws. Merry Christmas and stay safe everyone.

Comment

• scumdog
                          Super-Experienced

• May 12 2006

Merry Christmas!!!

It's Christmas Day here in New Zealand and I've just finished work (2am)!!

So as we have Christmas first here I thought I would take the opportunity to wish all Thunderbirders everywhere else a very merry Christmas, peace to you all!
                          A Thunderbirder from the Land of the Long White Cloud.

Comment

• YellowRose
                            Super-Experienced

• Jan 21 2008

Merry Christmas!

Hi All,

I would like to share a story with you that I hope you will enjoy and consider starting within your own families... For a good number of years, I have been friends with Lois & Wayne Guffy, in far north central Oklahoma, Lois in particular. She has been writing about her families life for years and I have been putting her stories, pictures and music on a website that I have created for her. There are many of them to read and enjoy, as she tells their stories together regarding their farm and lives. You can find her stories here!

http://rayclark.info/LoisGuffy/

Recently, Wayne, now up in years, as is Lois, became ill and eventually passed on to be with his Lord and Savior. Lois was contemplating about what to do with the many shirts that he wore on a daily basis and left behind. She came up with the idea of putting them on Teddy Bears to give to the family. So she gathered up many of his shirts and some of her blouses, and gave them to a lady who makes Teddy Bears! She started cutting them up and sewing them on the Bears! She put vests made from his shirts on some of them. 86 Bears later, you will see the results of many of them (but they were not all in the picture) of what they looked like before they were wrapped and made ready for Christmas this year.

Wayne and Lois had 12 children, and so many grandchildren, great grandchildren and great-great grandchildren that I have lost count of. I don't think Lois has though! Many of them are gathering, as they do every Christmas and New Years at Lois's home again this year, from across the country. They are going to get quite the surprise when they see what is under her Christmas tree this year! 86 Teddy Bears and 6 Bunny Rabbits wearing their beloved Grandpa's shirts, and some her blouses! One of her sons recently saw them before they were wrapped and exclaimed that he remembers seeing his Dad wear the shirt on one bear that he saw! So there are about to be a lot of their children and Grandkids who are going to be surprised this Christmas when they open their gifts from Lois!

Below you will find a picture of many of the bears gathered together before they were wrapped and bagged, and then one picture of them around the tree in Lois's home. Perhaps this will give you an idea what you might consider doing with the shirts or blouses of your family members who have passed on. This can give their children and grandchilden something to remember their parents or grandparents with to honor their memory and remember them by... You may want to share this excellent idea with friends and family!

Merry Christmas & Happy New Year, Ray
                            Attached Files

Comment

• YellowRose
                              Super-Experienced

• Jan 21 2008

Merry Christmas!

Dave, Robin, Dan, Marg and me putting up the Christmas lights!

http://www.jibjab.com/view/lp1j1AhnTz-9W2v9qAE67g

Comment

Working...
                              😀
                              🥰
                              🤢
                              😎
                              😡
                              👍
                              👎