Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Okay guys here are the pics I have of the 63 Falcon Wagon I am looking at.

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • RustyNCa
    Super-Experienced
    • May 31 2007

Okay guys here are the pics I have of the 63 Falcon Wagon I am looking at.

What do you all think? Resonable cost, etc.

That one rear qtr looks like it may be an issue?

the current owner had been using it as a daily commuter. He has a new petronix unit in it.

• fomoco59
    Super-Experienced
    • Jun 10 2005

Bryan.. I think it's a good solid car to refurbish. Offer him $1k at most. Cars like that are hard to find in the Northeast. When you're done with it, I'll buy it to replace my F150.
    sigpic
    Mike Lemmon
    '59 Raven Black Hardtop

http://www.tbirdregistry.com/viewdat...tryNumber=2461

Comment

• RustyNCa
      Super-Experienced
      • May 31 2007

Originally posted by fomoco59
      Bryan.. I think it's a good solid car to refurbish. Offer him $1k at most. Cars like that are hard to find in the Northeast. When you're done with it, I'll buy it to replace my F150.
      Hmm, well, that's what I am struggling with, he is asking 3,900 for it.

There is another one up in Renton Wa and that one is listed for 2,500, maybe I could con El Guapo to check it out. Noted another one, but a four door in the same shape near here and it shows for 3,500 OBO.

Comment

• fomoco59
        Super-Experienced
        • Jun 10 2005

SO? offer him a grand... leave him your phone number. You'd be suprised. My buddy used to do that all the time. The deals he'd get drove me nuts. Brought home a NICE 65 Bird for $200.00 once. The guy called him a month after he offered him $200... said "come get it." I've learned to do it myself now... I'm usually too impulsive.
        sigpic
        Mike Lemmon
        '59 Raven Black Hardtop

Comment

• RustyNCa
          Super-Experienced
          • May 31 2007

Originally posted by fomoco59
          SO? offer him a grand... leave him your phone number. You'd be suprised. My buddy used to do that all the time. The deals he'd get drove me nuts. Brought home a NICE 65 Bird for $200.00 once. The guy called him a month after he offered him $200... said "come get it." I've learned to do it myself now... I'm usually too impulsive.
          Yep, impulsive, that would be me as well... have nothing to loose by doing it so I think I will do that.

Thanks for the tip.

Comment

I'd be glad to check on a car for you if you need.

Comment

• RustyNCa
              Super-Experienced
              • May 31 2007

Originally posted by El Guapo
              I'd be glad to check on a car for you if you need.
              Kool, thanks, I will see where the one down here goes first. I'm trying decide if I should call him and low ball him, or drive down to see it and then low ball him with the cash. Only thing is, that's a 2 hour drive one way.

Comment

• 6TB1RD
                Experienced
                • Apr 9 2006

where is she

Rusty
                where is this located you said 2 hours south I live in the Sacramento area. and NO not to buy it but to check it out and get a feel of how he feels about the car.

You might have a problem with me if it was an automatic. but being a stick I would not be able to drive it to much knee sugary made sure of that.

The area looks familiar just let me know.
                George (Papa of 9)
                1960 H/T :rolleyes:
                Home Page http://squarebirds.org/users/6tb1rd/
                http://www.tbirdregistry.com/viewdat...ryNumber=31811
                sigpic

Comment

• FeFranco
                  Experienced
                  • Jan 13 2007

I am in Contra Costa County if you need someone in this area. I would love to check it out for you also.

Comment

• fomoco59
                    Super-Experienced
                    • Jun 10 2005

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Cars-...em230256080794&

Pretty nice Falcon wagon in Santa Rosa, CA
                    sigpic
                    Mike Lemmon
                    '59 Raven Black Hardtop

Comment

• RustyNCa
                      Super-Experienced
                      • May 31 2007

Well, I went and looked at the car in Sac over the weekend.

Here are my oberservations on it. Needs floor pans in the front and rear passenger side.

Made a strange sound/vibration under power in first and second gears, only way I can describe it as a fan hitting a shroud but a bit deeper in tone. Sound went away as soon as you dropped it into third gear. My thoughts there, hmm, issues in the transmission?

Needs headliner, has some rust starting in the rear drivers qtr panel and has some bondo there also, needs new carpet, door panels, all weather striping and seals, front grill is beat up, bumpers are straight but need chrome.

Guy said he was firm on 3,900, I plan to call him in a few days and offer him 2k for it.

I like the two door, and my son really liked it, but I don't think it's a 4k car.

Anyone near Salem OR? Found one there in a four door with a new clutch, water pump, interior, door seals, etc.

Comment

Working...
                      😀
                      🥰
                      🤢
                      😎
                      😡
                      👍
                      👎