Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Deanj
    Super-Experienced
    • Nov 26 2015

Thanks Nyles. The transmission lines are connected on the same side, too, I believe? I remember removing and re-installing the dip stick tube when I changed the fluid. Ironic my gasket and work didn't leak, but now it does.

Dean

Comment

• Deanj
      Super-Experienced
      • Nov 26 2015

I inspected the dipstick tube connection on the tranny and it was solid with no leaks. I returned my car to the shop where they said only one transmission line needed tightening. They said they ran it for 20 minutes and no leaks appeared.

Of course there was still ATF on my floor the next day. I can't say whether it was left over from the case, but it seemed too much. The last time I saw this much ATF my father was returning the '58 Biscayne to the dealer for Powerglide service.

I suppose I'll give it a week or two to see if it stops. Definitely on the driver's side.

Dean

Comment

• simplyconnected
        Administrator
        • May 26 2009

Originally posted by Deanj
        Once again my Cruise-O-Matic is leaking and really good. It leaks from the passenger side right around the filler tube area...
        Originally posted by Deanj
        ...Of course there was still ATF on my floor the next day. ...Definitely on the driver's side.
        Ok, which side is it for real? A transmission leak should be easy to detect.

Lay some cardboard under your car from the front bumper to the tail shaft. Park your car over it and MARK the cardboard where your front tires sit.
        Member, Sons of the American Revolution

CLICK HERE to see my custom hydraulic roller 390 FE build.

"We've got to pause and ask ourselves: How much clean air do we need?"
        --Lee Iacocca

Comment

Working...
        😀
        🥰
        🤢
        😎
        😡
        👍
        👎