X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • torpedo
    Apprentice
    • Jun 4 2011

Thermostat control Switch

Hello I have a 1964 Thunderbird with A/C, my shop manual does not describe the steps to remove the thermostat control switch, if anyone can help that would greatly be appreciated. Also if someone can direct me of its location.
    Thanks in Advance
  • jopizz
    Super-Experienced

• Nov 23 2009

This is what's in the shop manual that I have.

John
    Attached Files
    John Pizzi - Squarebirds Administrator

Thunderbird Registry #36223
    jopizz@squarebirds.org 856-779-9695

https://www.squarebirds.org/picture_gallery/TechnicalResourceLibrary/trl.htm

Comment

• JJbird
      Apprentice
      • Jan 2 2015

thermostat-control-switch.png

This a picture of it looking from the floor up.

You can reach the wires and test it before you remove it. Its underneath the dash between the steering column and the console. You do not have to take anything apart to get to it.

Comment

• torpedo
        Apprentice
        • Jun 4 2011

Thermostat Switch

Hi John, Thanks this will be very helpful.

Comment

• torpedo
          Apprentice
          • Jun 4 2011

Originally posted by JJbird
          [ATTACH]11835[/ATTACH]

This a picture of it looking from the floor up.

You can reach the wires and test it before you remove it. Its underneath the dash between the steering column and the console. You do not have to take anything apart to get to it.
          JJ, the picture didn't come thru for some reason.

Comment

• torpedo
            Apprentice
            • Jun 4 2011

Originally posted by torpedo
            JJ, the picture didn't come thru for some reason.
            Disregard, I got it now

Comment

• torpedo
              Apprentice
              • Jun 4 2011

Control Switch

Hello again, now that I found it and concluded faulty, is it out of line to ask or request on this forum where I may find a good used one.
              Thanks

Comment

• YellowRose
                Super-Experienced

• Jan 21 2008

Thermostat control Switch

You might be able to find one at Mac's auto parts in New York, or any of the major Tbird parts houses across this country. Or if you don't mind a good used one, from the Bird House in Delaware, or the Bird Nest in Oregon. Both of them sell new parts, and used parts off the parts cars they have. Look in the Advertisements Forum, for the contact info on all the Tbird parts houses. If you do not have their free parts catalogs, email, or phone them, and ask them to send you theirs. You need them when looking for parts for these old Tbirds of ours. They can help you find the part you need and you can price compare and check availability of that part with the various Tbird parts houses.

Ray Clark - Squarebirds Administrator
                The Terminator..... VTCI #11178 ITC #6000 Yellow Mustang Registry (YMR) #12188
                Contact me via Private Message for my email address, or Call (Cell) 210-875-1411

https://www.squarebirds.org/picture_gallery/TechnicalResourceLibrary/trl.htm
                Faye's Ovarian Cancer Memorial Website.
                https://faye.rayclark.info/index.html

Comment

• torpedo
                  Apprentice
                  • Jun 4 2011

Originally posted by YellowRose
                  You might be able to find one at Mac's auto parts in New York, or any of the major Tbird parts houses across this country. Or if you don't mind a good used one, from the Bird House in Delaware, or the Bird Nest in Oregon. Both of them sell new parts, and used parts off the parts cars they have. Look in the Advertisements Forum, for the contact info on all the Tbird parts houses. If you do not have their free parts catalogs, email, or phone them, and ask them to send you theirs. You need them when looking for parts for these old Tbirds of ours. They can help you find the part you need and you can price compare and check availability of that part with the various Tbird parts houses.
                  Thank you very much

Comment

Working...
                  😀
                  🥰
                  🤢
                  😎
                  😡
                  👍
                  👎