Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • bird 60
    Super-Experienced
    • Mar 18 2009

Ray, I tip my hat off to you & the other knowledgeable guys relating to chasing up the authenticity of Gregs Bird.
    One would have thought that it would be a straight forward situation, but obviously it's not.
    However the end result I hope it finishes on a happy note.
    It's shaping up to be like a who dunnit mystery novel.

Chris....From the Land of Oz.

Comment

• trim code 76
      Experienced
      • Aug 3 2006

Guys,
      Please excuse my bad memory, the car is at the paint shop as alas there was no way I could save the original paint (It sat rear half outside a carport for 5 years. No rust but the paint was shot). I thought it was ...84, I call the paint shop and they confirmed that it was 92,744. Both data plate nad fender stamping match. The data plate has never been removed has factory rivets. As I told Ray, he has keen eyes....I on the other hand have way to many things going on and a bad memory!!!! Please excuse, that is a number I need to remember. I will take pics of the writting on the door and th "lucky shamrock" on Sunday, got to go, got a call
      greg

Comment

• YellowRose
        Super-Experienced

• Jan 21 2008

Last squarebird??

Hi Greg,

Thanks for solving the "mystery" of the difference in VIN numbers! Hey, if you think your memory is failing you now, wait until you get to my age! lol.. I have changed the web page to reflect the correct VIN number. I will post the other pictures when Greg takes them and sends them to me.

Ray Clark - Squarebirds Administrator
        The Terminator..... VTCI #11178 ITC #6000 Yellow Mustang Registry (YMR) #12188
        Contact me via Private Message for my email address, or Call (Cell) 210-875-1411

https://www.squarebirds.org/picture_gallery/TechnicalResourceLibrary/trl.htm
        Faye's Ovarian Cancer Memorial Website.
        https://faye.rayclark.info/index.html

Comment

• trim code 76
          Experienced
          • Aug 3 2006

Off work now!!! YES! I was able to get the pics of the writting on the door , the shamrock and a bubble gum cartoon that was carefully placed next to th shamrock. Please excuse the writting, a little faded but readable. I should have taken a pick of the cartoon and shamrock with the carpeting pulled back. I think I will place them back in position when I get the car back and shoot a "recreation". Hope you all enjoy!
          Greg

Comment

• YellowRose
            Super-Experienced

• Jan 21 2008

Last squarebird??

Greg has sent me the pictures of the markings on the door panel, the Shamrock, Fleer Bubblegum wrapper found under the carpet, and the Data Plate. It is all up on his website now.
            Enjoy!

http://squarebirds.fortunecity.com/GregPrince/GregPrince1960Tbird.htm
            Last edited by YellowRose; May 21, 2009, 02:26 PM. Reason: Change of URL Name

Contact me via Private Message for my email address, or Call (Cell) 210-875-1411

Comment

• frank58
              Super-Experienced
              • May 28 2006

Nice job Ray, I can't stop looking at this all original gem.
              Your a lucky guy Greg, she is indeed a beauty.

Comment

Congratulation Greg,
                What a sweet heart. I agree I would not do no more than I had to get her road worthy. I would say you have a very rare car that no-one else has. Please think about what you have before you do anything to her.
                GOOD LUCK!!!

Comment

• trim code 76
                  Experienced
                  • Aug 3 2006

Thanks again Ray and fellow members for the nice comments. Do not worry about me touching the old girl. I am one of those weird unrestored original guys so she stays as she is, not perfect but pretty nice. I was fortunate enough to win on ebay a set of matching date code correct factory mufflers still in the box (Please do not ask what I had to pay!! YIKES$$$). I also have a factory NOS oil filter (white one). Still has the foil over it. Both will be put on the car for shows. The only reproduction part on the car is the battery (good luck finding that!). I will be driving it out to her first show (very carefully, back roads) to the western regional tbird show in Spokane WA. I will meet up with the second owner, lady who had it all but about the first year. She is pretty old but can't wait to see it all spruced up. She said she will either cry, grin or die of a heart attack! I think one of the first two would be fine with me. She is for sure getting a nice ride in it! If anyone is coming out (in July) to the show, please let me know!! Also, again, do not let that 9/13 trick you into thinking it is 7/13 like it did to me. Under careful looking it is a nine, just a very narrow one. Thanks again guys, this has been a fun run on this. If anyone would like to get in touch with me they can email me at gregprince22@hotmail.com. Hope the pics help some of you. As my friend Kevin in England says.....Cheers mates!

Comment

• YellowRose
                    Super-Experienced

• Jan 21 2008

Last squarebird??

You are welcome, Greg. It is important to document this last of the line Tbird. I would give anything to be with you later this year when you meet the lady who owned this car most of its life. What a thrill that is going to be for her and you! You MUST remember to take some pictures with her standing by it, or in it, for posterity. That should be some event. If someone in her family has a PC, you might send them the web page so she can see it.

Comment

• Coral
                      Super-Experienced

• Apr 3 2009

While doing research trying to locate the right party to 'verify' this is indeed the last production 'bird...I had a crazy thought...
                      Ron Pratte, lives in Chandler, AZ and happens to own the First Production 'bird "verified" by Ford themselves.. (which after Ray and I get to this other party, the quest is to continue and have Ford verify THIS car)...anyways, back to my thought...

Why not get a picture of the two sitting together?

A totally awesome storyline for a couple of authors, one might consider tossing in that Stainless Steel Special!

Comment

• trim code 76
                        Experienced
                        • Aug 3 2006

Sounds good to me!! I have sent an email to Alan Tast. Hopefully we will hear from him soon.
                        Greg

Comment

• nzmuzza
                          • Apr 7 2008

when was the first squarebird produced?

Comment

• fomoco59
                            Super-Experienced
                            • Jun 10 2005

'58 production dates.
                            sigpic
                            Mike Lemmon
                            '59 Raven Black Hardtop

http://www.tbirdregistry.com/viewdat...tryNumber=2461

Comment

• vernz
                              Experienced
                              • Jul 12 2008

My cousin works at the Detroit Historical Museum and has access to a lot of information. I'll see if she can find out about any pictures or information that Ford may have relative to the last Squarebird.

Vern

Comment

• YellowRose
                                Super-Experienced

• Jan 21 2008

Last squarebird??

Hi Vernz!

That would be great! I know that Greg would certainly appreciate it and it would be terrific to have the last Squarebird off the line validated by Ford, just as they did the first Thunderbird.

Comment

Working...
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎