X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • YellowRose
    Super-Experienced

• Jan 21 2008

Debra's '60 Tbird Pix

Here are a couple of pix that Debra, in Colorado, sent me of her '60 Tbird with a Turquoise interior. The interior picture was taken before she had the dashpad replaced. Yes, it looks like it is leather. Here is a pic that Deb just sent me showing what the dashpad looks like after it was replaced.
    Attached Files
    Last edited by YellowRose; May 1, 2012, 07:20 PM. Reason: Additional picture

Ray Clark - Squarebirds Administrator
    The Terminator..... VTCI #11178 ITC #6000 Yellow Mustang Registry (YMR) #12188
    Contact me via Private Message for my email address, or Call (Cell) 210-875-1411

https://www.squarebirds.org/picture_gallery/TechnicalResourceLibrary/trl.htm
    Faye's Ovarian Cancer Memorial Website.
    https://faye.rayclark.info/index.html
  • Dakota Boy
    Super-Experienced
    • Jun 30 2009

looks like it has the leather option... since the seats and door panels are only one color.
    http://www.tbirdregistry.com/viewdat...ryNumber=33517

Comment

• Deblib
      Apprentice
      • Apr 30 2012

Instrument Help

Ray,
      Thanks for all your great information. It's been very helpful!
      Debbie #38435

Comment

Hey Debra,
        Looks like she's a keeper
        Richard D. Hord

Comment

• Deblib
          Apprentice
          • Apr 30 2012

Christine

Thanks, I sure enjoy driving her. Looks a lot like Christine except the interior. I wanted to name her, trying to decide on a good name, but my hubby thinks its silly.

I was thinking Lucille, Peggy Sue, or my daughter likes Norma Jean. Lol.
          Debbie #38435

Comment

• tbird430
            Super-Experienced
            • Jun 18 2007

Car looks nice, thanks for saring the pics with us.

Looks like the original '60 interior too, less that nice looking new dash pad.

I hope you figure those guages out...

-Jon in TX.
            sigpic
            The 1960 Ford Thunderbird. The WORLD'S most wanted car....

VTCI Member#6287.

Comment

• YellowRose
              Super-Experienced

• Jan 21 2008

Debra's '60 Tbird Pix

Glad to help, Debra and I hope you get the gauges figured out. The fact that they worked before they did the dash indicates to me that they might have not re-installed the gauges correctly. If you have more difficulties with the gauges or need more help, post in the 1958-1960 Squarebirds Forum where I put the information.

As for a name, sure, she deserves a name! Call her what YOU want to name her.

Contact me via Private Message for my email address, or Call (Cell) 210-875-1411

Comment

• Deblib
                Apprentice
                • Apr 30 2012

Dash Problems

Well I am going to take her back to the upholster and let him take a shot at making it right - along with your excellent instructions. I had printed out the dash replacement instructions for them when I originally took it in, and they said how helpful those were. They were not so happy with the wiper motor instructions on the other hand (electric replacement). They put that in for me too while the dash was out. So I'm picking up new shocks today and that is the next project for me. Maybe we can tackle that this Saturday.
                Debbie #38435

Comment

• YellowRose
                  Super-Experienced

• Jan 21 2008

Debra's '60 Tbird Pix

I am glad the dashpad instructions were a big help to them. Regarding the electric windshield wiper install, we had no problem with doing mine. When installing the wiper motor switch in the same place as the original they must make sure to leave a gap behind the white toggle switch to the dash, as the two speed wiper switch rotates in and out as you turn it, unlike the original one. Not doing this can make you think the switch is broken. Also, don't put the knob on the new wiper shaft, snug up to the chrome bezel or you will not be able to turn it. It is a two speed setting and as you turn the knob to the right the shaft needs to go in and out, like on a groove. So if you put the knob too close to the chrome dash bezel the knob will not turn or move.

If you have any additional problems or need help with the gauges, or other parts of your Tbird, please post up in the 1958-1960 Squarebirds Forum in the post that I created for you there. This way, we can put the technical stuff up there, and leave this thread for future pictures. Let us know up there how you come out with the gauges and what they did to fix the problem.

Comment

Hey Debra,
                    Yep "Christine" (if you have not seen the movie, you need to do so! Not a Thunderbird but still is a awesome movie) Some have heard the story, but here we go again
                    We went to pick her up and she had a manifold leak and sounded just like "Christine" the movie car when she came to shop after her night excursion and was burnt!
                    My wife hates "Christine" and "Christine" knows it! We have had several occasions where if "Christine" knows wife is going with me, she will stall, die or not even start I know this sounds crazy, but if "Christine" and I are together she has never let me down. She also has an attitude! If I'm tinkering with her and get mad, I have trouble getting her started. Any other time I have no problems!
                    I have never seen a women and a car so jealous of a man's attention in my life! They gotta realize, I love them both and have plenty of love to share
                    Richard D. Hord

Comment

• simplyconnected
                      Administrator
                      • May 26 2009

Originally posted by Richard D. Hord
                      ...They gotta realize, I love them both and have plenty of love to share
                      Richard D. Hord
                      Richard, how can there be so much love in one man for so many? - Dave
                      Member, Sons of the American Revolution

CLICK HERE to see my custom hydraulic roller 390 FE build.

"We've got to pause and ask ourselves: How much clean air do we need?"
                      --Lee Iacocca

Comment

• Deblib
                        Apprentice
                        • Apr 30 2012

Christine

Richard,

Lol. Yes I have seen the movie, a long time ago, but I remember. That is awesome! I end up driving by myself quite a bit, but not because of the car. My hubby works and I don't right now. My daughter loves to ride with me when she comes around. I had my engine rebuilt last spring, so it runs great. I have matching numbers on the 352 engine and car. The old shocks definitely bounce more when i have passengers, but hope to get that done soon. Bought them yesterday. My hubby is convinced I can install them myself, so we will see. Lol. My dad owned the bird for about 15 years, then gave it to me. I drove it in a parade years ago and fell in love with it. It sat in our garage for about 5 yrs. before I had the $$ to redo stuff. My boys did the brakes. The transmission was shot, so did that last spring as well. It's my favorite thing to drive around and listen to tunes on the old AM radio!
                        Debbie #38435

Comment

• YellowRose
                          Super-Experienced

• Jan 21 2008

Deb's 1930 Model A

Here is a pic of Deb's other ride, her 1930 Model A and what she has to say about it.

"This model A belonged to my dad. When he died he had four. He had already given me the Thunderbird five years before that. It had a ground up restoration before he bought it. It runs as great as it looks. It is in original condition, no modern conveniences. This photo has me in the passenger seat, daughter in back, and my son driving! It's a beautiful car but I still enjoy driving my bird the best!! Deb"

Here is the pic!
                          Attached Files

Comment

• DKheld
                            Super-Experienced
                            • Aug 27 2008

Looks like our Dad's were "car" related. I can remember helping my Dad restore his '30 A very similar to yours. Pretty sure ours was a 4 door Murray body - at the time no one was making the interior wood but the patterns were available - what fun we had cutting that wood out. Ours had the trunk on the back, dual side mounts, and tail lights, heater etc - a highly optioned A for it's time. Too bad we sold it though - actually traded it for a coupe which we never liked as much.

Now I have my Dad's Tbird also! (he bought it new)

Nice looking cars !!!!

You'll have to post your vin and see how close our cars are in production time. Mine was built Aug 25 0Y71Y186576. This is the build sheet found in the springs on the upper portion of the back seat.

Our cars just might be twins!

Eric
                            registry 5347

Comment

• Deblib
                              Apprentice
                              • Apr 30 2012

You are right, sounds like they had the same interests. My VN 0Y7Y190173. I think our model 63A is the same, color the same, tranny, etc. my trim is 87 to your 56. Mine is turquoise leather interior, all one color. What is yours? I don't have that tag out of the seat. Looks like our numbers are about 4000 apart though. I think that makes mine after yours, 02N.

The A is a four door Murray. The inside was redone in the original style with the wool type upholstery. It's very nice, kind of a dark green moss color. Did yours have wooden wheels? I wish I did have the trunk on the back, I like that look!
                              Debbie #38435

Comment

Working...
                              😀
                              🥰
                              🤢
                              😎
                              😡
                              👍
                              👎