X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Joe Johnston
    Super-Experienced
    • Dec 23 2008

A new look for my old Bird

I had wire wheels on this car since 1985 and thought it was time for a new look (besides they are a PITA to keep clean). I'm hoping they look well when I put the Colonial White top on this fall. Due to the uneveness of the parking spot the body is lifted on the passenger side causing a larger gap than normal from the top of the tires to the fender openings.

(fast cars don't have door handles!)
    Attached Files
  • Dan Leavens
    Moderator / Administrator

• Oct 4 2006

Joe look at you go you " dog dish " kinda guy. They look outstanding ( as do Ray's ) and really pull the body colour into the wheel area. Good stuff Now with respect to " fast cars don't have door handles " great line and apparently true on your passenger side
    Dano Calgary,Alberta Canada
    Thunderbird Registry
    58HT #33317
    60 HT (Sold )

Comment

• YellowRose
      Super-Experienced

• Jan 21 2008

A new look for my old Bird

Joe, it looks pretty spiffy to me, and I like mine also. I get a lot of nice comments regarding my dog dishes. I think with the rims painted to match the color of the car, that really sets the dog dish hubcaps off. She is a pretty Tbird!

Ray Clark - Squarebirds Administrator
      The Terminator..... VTCI #11178 ITC #6000 Yellow Mustang Registry (YMR) #12188
      Contact me via Private Message for my email address, or Call (Cell) 210-875-1411

https://www.squarebirds.org/picture_gallery/TechnicalResourceLibrary/trl.htm
      Faye's Ovarian Cancer Memorial Website.
      https://faye.rayclark.info/index.html

Comment

• NYsquarebird58
        Experienced
        • Feb 6 2012

It’s a clean look. I like it!
        VTCI# 11860
        58HT - Thunderbird Registry Number: 37043 (Sold)

60HT - Thunderbird Registry Number: 37252 "Lucille" (Sold)

Comment

• Joe Johnston
          Super-Experienced
          • Dec 23 2008

Thanks everyone! I hope this "less is more" approach will work for me - especially when I set the top on. So far I am liking the change. Before painting last year, I deliberated a long time about removing and smoothing out the door handle bosses and even considered buying another set of doors. I still haven't given up on that idea, but for now I just need to get a few hours and put the handles and locks on.

Comment

• Dakota Boy
            Super-Experienced
            • Jun 30 2009

There is a guy here in Racine who has a car like yours. It is an unrestored original, faded red paint, with the dog-dish hubcaps.

It's pretty cool...definitely not a Barrett-Jackson car.. but a true survivor.
            http://www.tbirdregistry.com/viewdat...ryNumber=33517

Comment

• dgs
              Super-Experienced
              • Feb 13 2003

Interesting look. I wouldn't have thought I'd liked it, but I do.

BTW - I saw in your other post that you're in NW Ohio. My Dad's in Maumee and has a Turquoise '56 that he gets out once and a while. It's a decent driver, a 20-30 foot car. He's had the engine and trans worked over, but it really needs a frame off to cure some Ohio cancer in the body supports.
              DGS (aka salguod)
              1960 Convertible - Raven Black, Red leather
              www.salguod.net

Comment

Working...
              😀
              🥰
              🤢
              😎
              😡
              👍
              👎