• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • p38fighter
    Super-Experienced
    • Oct 14 2016

Convertible top WStrip adjustment and shim

1959 convertible.

I looked in the TRL but didn't see anything on this adjustment.

The top is latched.

This is the initial fit. The strip starts flush at rear of the window and progresses to the front above the vent to a gap of almost 1/2 inch. I realize that some shimming is required but that seems excessive. Is it? I don't believe I can raise the division bar to solve this or can I? What are you all using for shimming material?

Thanks.
    Attached Files
  • jopizz
    Super-Experienced

• Nov 23 2009

That doesn't look like a weatherstrip issue to me. It looks like the header bow is too far forward. It could just be the angle of the picture. Is it sitting flush on the windshield header? Are the dowel pins inside the header holes? Have you adjusted the frame according to the top manual?

John
    John Pizzi - Squarebirds Administrator

Thunderbird Registry #36223
    jopizz@squarebirds.org 856-779-9695

https://www.squarebirds.org/picture_gallery/TechnicalResourceLibrary/trl.htm

Comment

• p38fighter
      Super-Experienced
      • Oct 14 2016

I have adjusted the header and the pins so they repeatedly engage their holes. The header is compressing its new gasket as tight as I can get it and the latch hooks have been adjusted.
      I had to do extensive metal replacement on the header due to rust outs. Hopefully I got it right.

I will look over the material you provided and see where we end up. Thanks.....

Comment

• Spk99
        Experienced
        • Oct 25 2018

Hi mate, how did you go adjusting the vent window closer to the weatherstrip? I have a similar issue

Comment

Working...
        😀
        🥰
        🤢
        😎
        😡
        👍
        👎