• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Hawkrod
    Experienced
    • Oct 31 2005

RE: Rust free 1960 For body parts

I just started wrenching on the last scrap, here are some pictures:

Sorry this took so long but work has drowned me lately. For those who asked about specific items I will get shipping estimates now that it is apart (well, it will be apart in a little while! LOL ) Hawkrod

Comment

Tried to send an e-mail earlier this year, but did not get a reply so I though all was gone.

If you still have underneath stuff such as floor boards, rockers, trunk floor, rear mini frame, etc. I am interested depending on shipping (I live in Vermont). Palletized is fine. E-mail is kphanson@gmavt.net.

Thanks

Comment

• Hawkrod
        Experienced
        • Oct 31 2005

Just sent you an email. I listed all the body parts on eBay today because it was a discount listing day. http://search.ebay.com/_W0QQsassZtch...QQfsooZ1QQrdZ0 Hawkrod

Comment

Bob M

I am looking for 2 good white sunvisors and a interior mirror for a 59 Bird would you have these if so how much.

Comment

• Hawkrod
            Experienced
            • Oct 31 2005

Sorry, the interior was gutted when I got the car, I did get some of the parts like teh seats and door panels but not too much. Hawkrod

Comment

Is that water pump pulley stock? Is it designed for three belts?

Comment

• Hawkrod
                Experienced
                • Oct 31 2005

Yes, the pulleys and brackets on the engine were all stock and correct for an AC car. In fact this car was a near virgin in that the engine compartment had never seen any real work and the engine still had all of its original components such as carb and distributor. It even had the original fuel pump all vacuum lines and the special clip for the wiper vacuum line on the passenger side! I only wish it had a been a 430 so I would have all the correct parts for my car! At this point I would like to sell all the stuff as a package or trade for parts for my car. At this point I need: windsheild washer pump assembly, window switch bezel and switches, Sun Ray centers and rings, Continental spare parts (will buy whole possibly as mine is hit/bent/tow truck moron!), rear antenna, correct air cleaner. I also need a full interior, black carpet, white headliner, black cloth seats or inserts, cloth interior door panels/rear side panels/kickpanels (I understand they are different). It's a fairly long list so maybe there is something you may have to trade? Hawkrod

Comment

• dgs
                  Super-Experienced
                  • Feb 13 2003

"In fact this car was a near virgin ... "

I wonder, if the car was in such good shape, why didn't you sell it as a restoration project? It seems like a shame to slice up such a solid Squarebird. Of course, I didn't see what you did.

Anyway, do you still have the seats you mentioned earlier? Are they serviceable as is for a driver? What color are they?

Thanks
                  DGS (aka salguod)
                  1960 Convertible - Raven Black, Red leather
                  www.salguod.net

Comment

• Hawkrod
                    Experienced
                    • Oct 31 2005

The interior was two tone blue but I will have to check the seats as my mind is telling me they were not matching or there were extras. I bought the car at the Ermie Immerso auction last year and he was restoring a red 60 3 speed car when he passed away and this was his parts car. This car had been hit really hard on the right side from the front to the back. He had actually straightened the body out and was cutting the roof off to make a parade car out of it and using the best parts on the other car and the leftovers on this one. Unfortunately at the auction the parts for the cars were sold seperately from the cars and so the car would have cost a fortune to finish and I needed the doors, deck lid and hood for my car along with various other stuff like correct wheels, gas tank etc... as my car was actually a mild 60's custom and had been sitting for decades. Between this car and two others I have found in junkyards I have enough stuff to rebuild mine which is actually just as rust free (except surface rust where they had stripped the Tangerine metalflake paint!) but missing almost all trim and other important items. If my car had not been such a rare and desireable combination I would never had bothered. My car is a 430 car that was ordered with all the goodies. It is platinum and black two tone with cloth seats and everything except air conditioning. Hawkrod

My car:

Comment

• rln31455
                      • Jul 30 2004

Are you interested in selling the A/C compressor? I'm looking for an old style compressor with the cooling fins. Thanks

Comment

• Hawkrod
                        Experienced
                        • Oct 31 2005

I am selling the AC compressor but I will be selling it with all of the brackets and pulleys. All of the parts are correct for a 60 with factory AC and a 352 engine and there is the compressor, compressor bracket, water pump pulley, and crank pulley. These are all correct for a 1960 Ford with AC on a 352 engine but the AC bracket also fit 58 and 59. Hawkrod
                        Hawkrod

39 Ford Deluxe Coupe
                        59 Tbird 430
                        60 Lincoln Premier
                        (2)62 Tbirds
                        (3)68 Cougar XR7-G's
                        69 Cougar 428CJ 4 speed
                        77 1/2 Ford F250 4X4 w/460 swap
                        86 SVO mustang
                        76 F250 Crew Cab
                        [font size=4][a href="http://www.supermotors.org/members/profile.php?user=hawkrod"] look at my cars past and present at superford! [/a][/font]

Comment

Working...
                        😀
                        🥰
                        🤢
                        😎
                        😡
                        👍
                        👎