• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • pbf777
    Experienced
    • Jan 9 2016

I will have to ask about the oil pan. [/QUOTE]

Just a few topics for your inquiry if you wish:

What is the intended capacity of the currently installed oil pan?

What size oil pump rotor & scroll, .875" (standard volume) or 1.100" ( hi-volume) or?

With the dyno-work, was the oil pumping volume measured? And or, impression of oil level in the pan as operating established?

Scott.

Comment

• YellowRose
      Super-Experienced

• Jan 21 2008

My new j-code golde

David Bonvillain ~ villain continues working on his '60 Golde Top, putting in a new headliner. He has added disc brakes, and other neat goodies, and a 25-26gal custom gas tank! He was looking for a new plastic cover for the sliding roof lock, but between him and I, we found a couple of sources. He ordered one and hopes it is identical to what he has. Which is old, discolored, and a bit cracked it looked like. Here are some pix he sent me showing the work that is being done.
      Attached Files

Ray Clark - Squarebirds Administrator
      The Terminator..... VTCI #11178 ITC #6000 Yellow Mustang Registry (YMR) #12188
      Contact me via Private Message for my email address, or Call (Cell) 210-875-1411

https://www.squarebirds.org/picture_gallery/TechnicalResourceLibrary/trl.htm
      Faye's Ovarian Cancer Memorial Website.
      https://faye.rayclark.info/index.html

Comment

• villain
        Apprentice
        • Jan 23 2011

Originally posted by YellowRose
        David Bonvillain ~ villain continues working on his '60 Golde Top, putting in a new headliner.
        We found a perforated alcantara :-) It should look pretty slick. That and a new black and white interior from Larry's, etc. should be installed late next week.
        All the custom stainless plumbing lines are done and starting on wiring and such next.
        ...slowly but surely!
        -- D_Villain
        - 1960 Thunderbird J-code Golde (Registry #1560)

Comment

• Harry LePargneux
          Apprentice
          • Sep 30 2010

Paul Willson, Phone: 302-945-0571, 29760 Oliver Walcott Dr, Hillsboro DE 19966. Cell 201-481-4401 sells both the lock handle cup you are looking for as well as the sunroof panel 'lifts'. These 'lifts' raise the rear of the sunroof panel upon closing. His 'lifts' are made from brass rather than pot metal.

I just spoke with Paul regarding the Golde Top parts he has. The lock handle cup is an exact replica made from the OEM lock handle cup and sells for $35. He has sold 15-20 or so of those and still has some stock of them.The sunroof panel "lifts" are also made from the OEM ones, but his are made of brass instead of pot metal, as Harry and he said. At the moment, he is out of stock but is arranging to have more of them made, as he sold all he did have in stock. Except the ones he kept to have more made from. These are the ONLY parts that he has for the Golde Top. I am about to add his contact information to the Advertisements Forum with his permission. Harry, thank you very much for posting this information! (BTW, Paul tells me that he knew our great Founder, Alexander!) (Ray ~ YellowRose).
          Last edited by YellowRose; December 8, 2018, 05:39 PM. Reason: Additional Information

Comment

Working...
          😀
          🥰
          🤢
          😎
          😡
          👍
          👎