X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Larry Tappen
    Experienced
    • May 5 2017

po cut wires under cowl drain tube

ok all you wizards. my 64 bird got its wires cut . the wires I'm talking about is under right cowl drain tube. looks to be 3 or 4 wires one is red not sure of others. they go through the firewall via grament. looked under dash I cant figure out where it goes. any help is great, thanks larry t
  • Yadkin
    Banned
    • Aug 11 2012

The factory used bulkhead electrical connectors for most of the wiring through the firewall. On the right (passenger) side the connector has 6 wires that serve the ignition (coil), the starter relay, and the alternator regulator.

I think on the convertible they used a grommet for the 4 wires going to the top control relay (mine's a hardtop).

None of the wires are red without a stripe. That wiring may be added on by a PO.

Comment

• simplyconnected
      Administrator
      • May 26 2009

Originally posted by Larry Tappen
      ok all you wizards. my 64 bird got its wires cut . the wires I'm talking about is under right cowl drain tube. looks to be 3 or 4 wires one is red not sure of others. they go through the firewall via grament. looked under dash I cant figure out where it goes. any help is great, thanks larry t
      Larry, come on... three or four wires are cut, you're not sure but you think ONE OF THEM is red. Ford didn't use grommets for their wiring in '64, they used plugs and receptacles.

How on God's Earth can anyone help with such sketchy information??? All we know is the information you write, which isn't much at best. - Dave
      Member, Sons of the American Revolution

CLICK HERE to see my custom hydraulic roller 390 FE build.

"We've got to pause and ask ourselves: How much clean air do we need?"
      --Lee Iacocca

Comment

• OUR5T8BIRD
        Experienced
        • Mar 1 2017

Originally posted by Larry Tappen
        Should be your power window relay wires . Three of them .

Comment

• Larry Tappen
          Experienced
          • May 5 2017

po cut wires

now I know its the window relay. mine is missing. po wraped all 3 wires together and left it. dave I'm sorry if I didn't give enough info. my 64 is hardtop. the wires I'm talking about does go through the firewall via a grommet or plug or whatever you want to call it, but its not a 6 wire plug thanks for the help larry.

Comment

• simplyconnected
            Administrator
            • May 26 2009

Larry, I know you can't post pictures but if you send me a few shots I will post them for you.

No need to apologize, but we need more info in order to help. Send your pics to simplyconnected@aol.com.

Do you have a wiring diagram? If not, there is one in our Technical Resource Library. - Dave
            Member, Sons of the American Revolution

CLICK HERE to see my custom hydraulic roller 390 FE build.

"We've got to pause and ask ourselves: How much clean air do we need?"
            --Lee Iacocca

Comment

Working...
            😀
            🥰
            🤢
            😎
            😡
            👍
            👎