Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • simplyconnected
    Administrator
    • May 26 2009

Your new carpet sure does look nice, Cody.
    Member, Sons of the American Revolution

CLICK HERE to see my custom hydraulic roller 390 FE build.

"We've got to pause and ask ourselves: How much clean air do we need?"
    --Lee Iacocca

Comment

• jopizz
      Super-Experienced

• Nov 23 2009

Originally posted by Cwcb08
      Original carpet was green, but we decided to do black in case we change the seat colours from green to black, black is easy to coordinate
      I agree. That color combination is not for everybody. I believe it's actually called Ivy Gold. I've had a couple of 66's with that color interior and it takes some getting used to.

John
      John Pizzi - Squarebirds Administrator

Thunderbird Registry #36223
      jopizz@squarebirds.org 856-779-9695

https://www.squarebirds.org/picture_gallery/TechnicalResourceLibrary/trl.htm

Comment

• Cwcb08
        Experienced
        • Oct 11 2016

Originally posted by jopizz
        I agree. That color combination is not for everybody. I believe it's actually called Ivy Gold. I've had a couple of 66's with that color interior and it takes some getting used to.

John
        It is ivy gold yes, ever seen vinyl seats with (what looks like yarn) overtop the vinyl in the center, none of the seat covers we have looked at have that option

I like black and green so this combo works good for us haha
        2016 FORD F150 XLT 3.5 EB SPORT 302a - 2012 KAWASAKI ZX-6R - 2012 LEGEND DELUXE V-NOSE - 2008 KAWASAKI ZZR600 - 2008 FORD FOCUS SE - 2007 KAWASAKI ZX-6R - 2002 ARTIC CAT 500 - 1990 JOHN DEERE 265 - 1966 FORD THUNDERBIRD HARDTOP TOWN

Comment

• jopizz
          Super-Experienced

• Nov 23 2009

It is ivy gold yes, ever seen vinyl seats with (what looks like yarn) overtop the vinyl in the center, none of the seat covers we have looked at have that option
          There was a vinyl/cloth option available but I don't think any of those seat cover combinations are being reproduced. They weren't that common that's for sure.

John

Comment

• Yadkin
            Banned
            • Aug 11 2012

...ever seen vinyl seats with (what looks like yarn) overtop the vinyl in the center, none of the seat covers we have looked at have that option...
            My '64 had cloth and vinyl seats. Some sort of aluminum thread mixed into the weave to give it a sparkle. Here's a picture before my resto-mod, so they are badly faded. I do recall finding a vendor that had the material but I decided to go with leather instead.
            Attached Files

Comment

• Cwcb08
              Experienced
              • Oct 11 2016

That's different than what we have, I'll take some pictures of the seats and post them tonight or 2moro
              2016 FORD F150 XLT 3.5 EB SPORT 302a - 2012 KAWASAKI ZX-6R - 2012 LEGEND DELUXE V-NOSE - 2008 KAWASAKI ZZR600 - 2008 FORD FOCUS SE - 2007 KAWASAKI ZX-6R - 2002 ARTIC CAT 500 - 1990 JOHN DEERE 265 - 1966 FORD THUNDERBIRD HARDTOP TOWN

Comment

• DKheld
                Super-Experienced
                • Aug 27 2008

I'm supposed to be mowing the grass but it's raining here - gee thanks weather lady - you said it wouldn't rain today.

Anyway - glad it is raining - browsing the forum and saw your thread (I'm usually over on the Squarebirds forum) - very interesting - read it from page 1.

Car looks great -can't wait for the next step - thanks for all the pics - keep 'em coming.

Eric

Comment

• Cwcb08
                  Experienced
                  • Oct 11 2016

Comment

• Yadkin
                    Banned
                    • Aug 11 2012

I see you have the fancy-pants reclining passenger seat.

Comment

• jopizz
                      Super-Experienced

• Nov 23 2009

The seat pattern was changed in '66 which is why Yadkin's original '64 seats look different. There was probably a very low percentage of '66's that had them which is why they aren't being reproduced.

John

Comment

• Cwcb08
                        Experienced
                        • Oct 11 2016

Shouldn't the back and front match tho?

Not cutting holes for the lights yet, I don't know if we are replacing the door cards

Comment

• jopizz
                          Super-Experienced

• Nov 23 2009

Shouldn't the back and front match tho?
                          It appears that someone did a switcheroo either in the front or back. The data plate code on the door will tell you which is correct. To me the rear seats look more original than the fronts. I don't think they had parchment seats with an ivy gold interior.

John

Comment

• Cwcb08
                            Experienced
                            • Oct 11 2016

Originally posted by jopizz
                            It appears that someone did a switcheroo either in the front or back. The data plate code on the door will tell you which is correct. To me the rear seats look more original than the fronts. I don't think they had parchment seats with an ivy gold interior.

John
                            I'm pretty sure the plate says 58 which is ivy gold, but I can't check from work.

That fabric is called "parchment"? I your right, I don't see parchment/ivy gold on the data plate decoder as an option

Comment

• YellowRose
                              Super-Experienced

• Jan 21 2008

My '66 Hardtop Town Build

Here is what Automotive Mile Posts has to say regarding the interiors that were OEM and available for the 1966 Flairbird... 58, Ivy Gold, is an appropriate Interior Trim code for a 1966 Flairbird.

http://automotivemileposts.com/tbird...eriortrim.html

As you can see for All Vinyl Bolsters & Inserts, B8/K8 was Parchment (Light Beige) with Ivy Gold appointments.

For All Leather Bolsters & Inserts L8 was Parchment (Light Beige) with Ivy Gold.

Ray Clark - Squarebirds Administrator
                              The Terminator..... VTCI #11178 ITC #6000 Yellow Mustang Registry (YMR) #12188
                              Contact me via Private Message for my email address, or Call (Cell) 210-875-1411

Faye's Ovarian Cancer Memorial Website.
                              https://faye.rayclark.info/index.html

Comment

• jopizz
                                Super-Experienced

• Nov 23 2009

The only cloth options were black, dark blue and parchment w/beige.

Trim code 58 is Ivy Gold all vinyl.

John
                                Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎