X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Yadkin
    Banned
    • Aug 11 2012

1st Annual Sugar Mountain Cruise-in

As some here might know, I'm an avid skier and built a small house in the Village of Sugar Mountain, completing it in 2005. Since that time I've become friends with the owner of the resort, Gunther Jochl and his wife Kim (Schmidinger) Jochl.

At the end of last season Kim was talking with a group of us hardcores and mentioned that she was thinking of starting up the first annual Summit Crawl. The idea is to have a group of people start at the base lodge and walk, run or crawl up to the summit. Then take the chair lift down. I mentioned to her that she ought to consider adding in a second attraction, a cruise-in for classic cars. Not a show, so no judging or prizes would be awarded.

Well, she thought it was a great idea and so here it is:

I plan on being there with my '64. Instead of crawling up the mountain I'll be relaxing in my lawn chair with my dog. I hope to see others from this site out there as well. And please, if you can, help get the word out.

If there's interest, I'll be trying to organize a "cruise to lunch". I've mapped out alternate routes, one over the Blue Ridge Parkway.
Working...
😀
🥰
🤢
😎
😡
👍
👎