X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • tbird430
    Super-Experienced
    • Jun 18 2007

What wire color/harness?

I'm about to re-install my 430cid block in my 1960 Bird, the O/Owner had a manual oil pressure guage installed and so my original wire is missing for the OE dash oil light.

My question is what color wire am I looking for to go to my oil pressure sending unit, and which harness does it come out of? The horn/voltage regulator harness (off inner fender) or the harness with the coil/water temp sending unit wires(along left valve cover)?

Thanks,
    Jon in TX.
    sigpic
    The 1960 Ford Thunderbird. The WORLD'S most wanted car....

VTCI Member#6287.
  • bcomo
    Super-Experienced
    • Sep 23 2005

Jon:

On my 60 430, it's a yellow wire coming from the harness along with the red coil wire, and black AC wire on the left valve cover.

If the wire isn't there, he may have clipped it back. You can unwrap the harness from the coil side and see if it's there.

If you have to make a new connector to the oil sender, you need to use a slip-on flat connector to the sender.
    Last edited by bcomo; June 26, 2008, 11:40 AM.
    Bart
    1960 Hard Top/430
    Thunderbird Registry Number 1231

Comment

• tbird430
      Super-Experienced
      • Jun 18 2007

Thanks Bart. Somehow as I type this, I had a feeling you would be the 1st to respond.

-Jon
      sigpic

VTCI Member#6287.

Comment

• tbird430
        Super-Experienced
        • Jun 18 2007

Bart, I found the wire last night. It came out through the dash side firewall connector (on mine) as a solid white wire with a red stripe. The wire then turned into a solid WHITE wire (I cleaned & looked at it twice with a flash light) at the engine side connector and ran along the left valve cover harness just like u said.....

Thanks,
        Jon
        sigpic

VTCI Member#6287.

Comment

Working...
        😀
        🥰
        🤢
        😎
        😡
        👍
        👎