Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • kansasjohn
    • Nov 5 2007

64 t-bird ride height

could somone that has a 64 bird and thinks his car sits at the proper height please measure their ride height. from the wheelwell opening to the ground measurement would be great. i,m sure mine is sitting to low but i could be wrong. thanks kansasjohn
  • kansasjohn
    • Nov 5 2007

it appears no one recieved a tape measure for christmas . i still need the correct measurements from the wheelwell opening to the ground. thanks kansasjohn

Comment

• bcomo
      Super-Experienced
      • Sep 23 2005

Kansasjohn:

I have a 60, so I can't help with the measurement.

You really want the distance from the center of the hub cap to the wheel well opening, not from the ground.

If the measurement is taken from the ground, it will depend on what tire size that person was using. Taken from the hub cap center, the measurement will eleiminate that variation.

We went through the same thing on the 58-60 forum.
      Bart
      1960 Hard Top/430
      Thunderbird Registry Number 1231

Comment

• kansasjohn
        • Nov 5 2007

sounds like that is the measurement that i need. i also have a 60 hardtop. i learned the proper ride height for the 60 from that thread. seems the members on the squarebird forum are more helpfull.thanks for at least responding to my question. kansasjohn

Comment

• bcomo
          Super-Experienced
          • Sep 23 2005

Give them a few days -- they might still be recovering from New Years Eve.
          Bart
          1960 Hard Top/430
          Thunderbird Registry Number 1231

Comment

• RustyNCa
            Super-Experienced
            • May 31 2007

Originally posted by bcomo
            Kansasjohn:

I have a 60, so I can't help with the measurement.

You really want the distance from the center of the hub cap to the wheel well opening, not from the ground.

If the measurement is taken from the ground, it will depend on what tire size that person was using. Taken from the hub cap center, the measurement will eleiminate that variation.

We went through the same thing on the 58-60 forum.
            I have a 65, the back is stock Height, but I have lowered the front of it. I am also running 225x75x15 tires, but from what bcomo said that doesn't matter?

The rear end from center of cap to skirt is 2", the front end is 13.5 inches from center of cap to fender, but I have lowered the front of car about 2" from stock.

In the photos with no hub cap the car is lowered, in the ones with cap, all stock.

Let me know if you need any other info.

by the way, does anyone on here want a set of custom made 2" rear lowering blocks for their 65? Actually I imagine the guy can make them any size, I just chose 2".

Comment

front wheel opening at the highest point 27.66 Rear is 22.72 for hardtop. This is taken from the ground with 8.15 - 15 tires.
              give or take front +1.26 -.62 rear is +.58 - .67.
              Hows that ..........................bill

Comment

Working...
              😀
              🥰
              🤢
              😎
              😡
              👍
              👎