X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Frango100
    Experienced
    • May 2 2016

Vent window lock lever

My drivers side vent window lock lever is missing. Carl Heller has the lever, but now the question is how the lever can be installed. There is an oval shaped hole in the metal window frame where the lock must be attached, but how and with what do you attach it? Must the glass be removed from the frame?
    sigpicFrank
    1958 T-Bird "Trovão Rosa" - "Rose Thunder"
    Thunderbird registry #61670
  • Dakota Boy
    Super-Experienced
    • Jun 30 2009

it has to be tack-welded in place. The mother-in-law snapped the passenger side fixture off on my car a few years ago. Had to take the vent window out and all of that related trouble....
    http://www.tbirdregistry.com/viewdat...ryNumber=33517

Comment

• Deanj
      Super-Experienced
      • Nov 26 2015

Would you bring that to a vintage glass company or a welder?

I broke the top pivot pin on my vent and brought it to a welder who repaired it right. BTW, at first I thought the pin wasn't straight until I realized the glass moved outward from the frame due to heat. Rubber mallet fixed that.

Dean

Comment

• Tbird1044
        Super-Experienced
        • Jul 31 2012

If the pivot pin is broken off, you could ask Carl for complete vent window frame. That would save you from trying to get it welded, and the glass is an easy changeout on these windows. I attached a pic of what the frame should look like.
        My new after market locking handles had to be drilled out to get the roll pin to install. The fit was just to tight, so I opened it a little.
        Nyles
        Attached Files

Comment

• Frango100
          Experienced
          • May 2 2016

Thanks for the answers guys. I´m waiting for an answer from Carl if he has the hinge pin or eventually the whole window frame.
          sigpicFrank
          1958 T-Bird "Trovão Rosa" - "Rose Thunder"
          Thunderbird registry #61670

Comment

Working...
          😀
          🥰
          🤢
          😎
          😡
          👍
          👎