X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • bird 60
    Super-Experienced
    • Mar 18 2009

Hood

Hi Guys, I'm looking into taking the Hood off, & putting it back together again. What's the best way to go about it without any damage.

Thank You
    Chris......From OZ.
  • Tbird1044
    Super-Experienced
    • Jul 31 2012

Hi Chris:
    #1. Get 2 people to help you. One to hold each side of the hood and the third to remove the 4 bolts. If you plan on doing it in a garage, you will need enough room above the "open" hood to slide it off of the hinges.
    #2. Before I removed my hood, I drilled 2 small holes between the the 2 bolts on each hinge. This made alignment much easier when you go back together. I put the hood back on the hinges, with the bolts slightly loose, and used a metal rod about the same size as the drilled holes to line things up.
    Removing the hood is easy. Lining things back up can be a bit more challenging.
    Nyles

Comment

• bird 60
      Super-Experienced
      • Mar 18 2009

Thanks Nyles. Our thoughts are in similar lines. I was thinking of drilling a hole at the bottom of the hood base & the hinge, & placing a nail there the same size as the drill bit. That way, after loosening the bolts to take it off it won't drop any, & when putting it back it'll sit at the same exact spot as before. I'll still need a couple of people to give me a hand, & yes take it out from the garage.
      Thank you again, & hopefully I'll be doing the job in the very near future.

Chris.....From OZ.

Comment

Working...
      😀
      🥰
      🤢
      😎
      😡
      👍
      👎