X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • fomoco59
    Super-Experienced
    • Jun 10 2005

Build Sheet / AACA

There's a National AACA show just a few miles from my home June 30th. My 'Bird hasn't been modified in any way, so I registered. Many months ago I ordered a lot of interior stuff, including upholstery. Last night I finally took the plunge and pulled out all of the seats. I was suprised how well it went, and excited to find the ROT sheet behind the rear back, in real nice condition. (My wife didn't understand what all the fuss was about.) Also behind the seat was a ratty section of a 2nd ROT sheet, only the left end of the sheet. Same date, different number...Maybe from another car that day? Anyone attending the Northeast Regional meet in Binghamton, NY?
    sigpic
    Mike Lemmon
    '59 Raven Black Hardtop

http://www.tbirdregistry.com/viewdat...tryNumber=2461

AACA Meet

Mike,
    I'm going to Binghamton for the AACA meet with my 60 hardtop. I will be going for my First Preservation Award.
    I just got my Senior Award at the New Bern N.C. show.

I'll look you up,
    Tom Young

Comment

• fomoco59
      Super-Experienced
      • Jun 10 2005

Great Tom... I'm looking forward to seeing your car in person! I saw some photos in one of the club magazines.
      sigpic
      Mike Lemmon
      '59 Raven Black Hardtop

Comment

• Dan Leavens
        Moderator / Administrator

• Oct 4 2006

Build Sheet

Mike that's excellent news that you found the build sheet. It's like winning the lottery of cars as now, you have the authentic
        paperwork relative to your 59. That must be a great feeling.
        I could only wish, that I had the build sheet for my 58 with my bird. It appeared that the boys, who did the restoration didn't have the same sense of urgency for this important paper.
        I was excited, when I found the original A.E.A *Automotive
        Electric Association* " Standards of Adjustment" copyright 1958 card in plastic in the trunk.
        Show it off proud after covering it with plastic.

Dano Calgary,Alberta Canada
        Thunderbird Registry
        58HT #33317
        60 HT (Sold )

Comment

Beside that built sheet did you find anything else from the 60's? I'm glad you didn't buy my old car as you would have fround lots of stale pop corn and maybe a few old beer caps. Jon

Comment

• fomoco59
            Super-Experienced
            • Jun 10 2005

I pulled out most of the carpet, which looks original (falling apart). All I found so far is some change and un-smoked cigs of mine, and I haven't smoked since Nov....was tempted !! The front floors are completely solid and all of the tar sound-insulation is intact.
            sigpic
            Mike Lemmon
            '59 Raven Black Hardtop

Comment

• Dan Leavens

• Oct 4 2006

Mike, there's tar sound insulation on these birds??????? What
              a novel idea as again, I presume that was stripped off during restoration.

Thunderbird Registry
              58HT #33317
              60 HT (Sold )

Comment

• fomoco59
                Super-Experienced
                • Jun 10 2005

Interior Progress

So, I'm getting my interior back in shape. The new carpet set is installed (10 pcs!), new windlace, and seat belt sets (4 sets) in place. (Thanx to Mark Maron's info) It took nearly an hour to get the console screws back in place. I really didn't need to, but I took it off to see what was under the speaker grill as I have no radio. It was just a piece of cardboard . A radio will eventually go in the glovebox.

Seats are due back tonight from upholsterer. New front seat foam (from Larry's) for the upper fronts would not fit correctly. My guy tried shaving some foam off to no avail to get them to fit without wrinkling. He ended up using the old foam and adding some filler. No matter what he tried, the new covers (also from Larry's) would wrinkle when hog-ringed to the support ring. He says the original support rings in the covers were steel, the replacements are nylon and allow too much play. I'm glad I didn't try this myself.

Headliner will have to wait. Not enough time right now, and I want to add speakers up there. The dash pad was already done. The interior's been gutted for three weeks! ... so I'm nearly ready to cruise again!
                sigpic
                Mike Lemmon
                '59 Raven Black Hardtop

Comment

• Dan Leavens

• Oct 4 2006

Mike, it sounds like your just about at the finish line and about ready to go cruisin. I know the feeling, as we had the 58 in over the winter, to get some repairs done and finally resolved some issues, on the P/S connection for cruisin. We have a local show & shine this weekend and it will be great to see the gang. Good luck.

Thunderbird Registry
                  58HT #33317
                  60 HT (Sold )

Comment

• fomoco59
                    Super-Experienced
                    • Jun 10 2005

Larry's Seat Upholstery

Everything in the interior is just about together. The new sill plates are being a bit of a pain.. The cover for the back of the front seats are still not installed. The new padding and upholstery are much thicker than the old and the clips are not reaching. Hope to find some longer ones that'll work.
                    sigpic
                    Mike Lemmon
                    '59 Raven Black Hardtop

Comment

• fomoco59
                      Super-Experienced
                      • Jun 10 2005

Originally posted by tbirdtom
                      Mike,
                      I'm going to Binghamton for the AACA meet with my 60 hardtop. I will be going for my First Preservation Award.
                      I just got my Senior Award at the New Bern N.C. show.

I'll look you up,
                      Tom Young

Tom, Congrats on your "First Preservation Award" ! What a beautiful car !
                      Was nice talking with you ! I was just in awe the whole day.

sigpic
                      Mike Lemmon
                      '59 Raven Black Hardtop

Comment

Working...
                      😀
                      🥰
                      🤢
                      😎
                      😡
                      👍