Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Black65
    • Jan 14 2013

Black '65 Barn Find

Hello to the forum ... my name is Paul and I am in Mountain Home, Arkansas (North Central part of the state). I just acquired this 1965 Hardtop ... last tagged in 1988, it had been in "partial" storage since 1989 or 1990. I say "partial" storage because the rear 1/3 of the car was sticking out in the elements. Therefore, I have a nice solid car to start with but a rusty trunk. Not too bad though. I will have lots of questions at some point ... I haven't gotten far enough into the car yet to tell what all it really needs.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/81228902@N02/8381724749/
    Last edited by Black65; January 15, 2013, 01:09 AM.
  • simplyconnected
    Administrator
    • May 26 2009

Welcome to Squarebirds.org, Paul. I'm excited to see your new car. I see you posted a picture but the link is only partial. You can edit that post with the correct link.

Let us know about your restoration. If you need help, we're here. This should be a great ride for you when you're done.

Post often and ask a lot of questions. I hope you will be doing much of the restoration yourself. - Dave
    Member, Sons of the American Revolution

CLICK HERE to see my custom hydraulic roller 390 FE build.

"We've got to pause and ask ourselves: How much clean air do we need?"
    --Lee Iacocca

Comment

• Black65
      • Jan 14 2013

Thanks Dave ... I couldn't get the pic to show up so I just replaced it with a "link".

EDIT from simplyconnected: I see what's going on...
      The link at the top of Flickr is not the picture. You're only part way there. Left click on the picture. Click on 'View all Sizes'. Choose: 800X600 because that's the largest size we want to see on our site.

When the picture comes up, RIGHT CLICK on it and choose 'Properties'. Your picture (.jpg) link will appear. Copy the link, go back to Squarebirds, and in your post, click on the little yellow 'mountain & sun' icon at the top. A window will appear. Enter your link. Here's what you get:

I edited your post so you can see exactly what's going on. - Dave
      Last edited by simplyconnected; January 15, 2013, 03:43 AM.

Comment

• scumdog
        Super-Experienced

• May 12 2006

Hey, welcome! A lot of experienced guys here who can help and guide you.

The '65 looks like a good base for a project, tell us all wat it's like regarding th emoro, trans, wiring etc huh!
        A Thunderbirder from the Land of the Long White Cloud.

Comment

• Black65
          • Jan 14 2013

Awesome Dave ... thanks for the assist on the pic.

Comment

• Dakota Boy
            Super-Experienced
            • Jun 30 2009

holy smokes.... it looks like you have a nice big area to work on this new project
            http://www.tbirdregistry.com/viewdat...ryNumber=33517

Comment

• dgs
              Super-Experienced
              • Feb 13 2003

Originally posted by Black65
              ... The link at the top of Flickr is not the picture. You're only part way there. Left click on the picture. Click on 'View all Sizes'. Choose: 800X600 because that's the largest size we want to see on our site.

When the picture comes up, RIGHT CLICK on it and choose 'Properties'. Your picture (.jpg) link will appear. Copy the link, go back to Squarebirds, and in your post, click on the little yellow 'mountain & sun' icon at the top. A window will appear. Enter your link. ....
              Actually, Flickr makes it even easier. Just above the picture on the picture's page (linked in the first post) is a 'Share' button. Click that and you'll see several options for sharing, pick 'Grab the HTML/BBCode', then pick 'BBCode' at the bottom and 'Medium 500' or 'Medium 640' in the drop down above that. Once you do, the big box will have the exact code to copy and paste here, no need to click the 'yellow 'mountain & sun' icon' at all.

One of the best things about Flickr is how easy it is to share your pics.

Looks like you've got a nice project and a fabulous garage to work in.
              DGS (aka salguod)
              1960 Convertible - Raven Black, Red leather
              www.salguod.net

Comment

Working...
              😀
              🥰
              🤢
              😎
              😡
              👍
              👎