Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Rt.66
    • Jul 16 2018

66 Landau side window regulator spring

Is there a picture of the correct way the tension spring goes on the front side window regulator?
  • Rt.66
    • Jul 16 2018

I was able to find a photo of the regulator spring for the side front window, in doing so I got mine on. I have a picture of mine connected, with the help of vise pliers, I would up load the picture, do not know how to do it.

Comment

• OUR5T8BIRD
      Experienced
      • Mar 1 2017

Originally posted by Rt.66
      I was able to find a photo of the regulator spring for the side front window, in doing so I got mine on. I have a picture of mine connected, with the help of vise pliers, I would up load the picture, do not know how to do it.
      Spring has to load up on the way down and unload on the way up . this equalized the motor load up and down for weight of the window . I put my regulator in the visa, run the motor and bring the regulator gear into the motor gear as I run the motor with a jumper . Then install the unit .

Comment

• YellowRose
        Super-Experienced

• Jan 21 2008

Gabe, sent me a couple of pix of that spring he was talking about. Here is what he had to say, and those pix.

"This is my regulator spring on the regulator, a vise grip, some brute strength for me got that hook in place. Safety glasses and gloves may be advisable, there is some tension it could spring off."
        Attached Files

Ray Clark - Squarebirds Administrator
        The Terminator..... VTCI #11178 ITC #6000 Yellow Mustang Registry (YMR) #12188
        Contact me via Private Message for my email address, or Call (Cell) 210-875-1411

https://www.squarebirds.org/picture_gallery/TechnicalResourceLibrary/trl.htm
        Faye's Ovarian Cancer Memorial Website.
        https://faye.rayclark.info/index.html

Comment

• Johnny
          Apprentice
          • Dec 21 2011

Does anyone have a string for sale?

I miss the one to sit on the left side
          Greetings

Johnny
          asajohnny@telia.com
          (Sweden)
          Johnny Andersson
          Gothenburg, Sweden

Comment

• YellowRose
            Super-Experienced

• Jan 21 2008

Johnny, check out the For Sale / Parts Wanted Forum. Clint66 has several Flairbirds he is parting out. Maybe he can get you the spring that you are looking for?

Parting out 2-1966 Landau Thunderbirds
            Clint66

Ray Clark - Squarebirds Administrator
            The Terminator..... VTCI #11178 ITC #6000 Yellow Mustang Registry (YMR) #12188
            Contact me via Private Message for my email address, or Call (Cell) 210-875-1411

https://www.squarebirds.org/picture_gallery/TechnicalResourceLibrary/trl.htm
            Faye's Ovarian Cancer Memorial Website.
            https://faye.rayclark.info/index.html

Comment

• OUR5T8BIRD
              Experienced
              • Mar 1 2017

Originally posted by Johnny
              I miss the one to sit on the left side
              Greetings

Johnny
              asajohnny@telia.com
              (Sweden)
              How many would you want , have lot of them. FREE, you pay shipping .

btw. If spring is not installed under tension when fully up, the spring can fall of and could by laying in the bottom of the door .
              Last edited by OUR5T8BIRD; September 28, 2018, 09:07 PM.

Comment

Working...
              😀
              🥰
              🤢
              😎
              😡
              👍
              👎