X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • ssj335
    Experienced
    • Jul 13 2018

Colored LEDs

Ran LEDs under dash. I think it looks really neat at night. Color matches the exterior of car. Thoughts?
    Attached Files
  • KENN
    Experienced
    • Aug 6 2015

I Like It If Theyre Not To Bright For Driving..kenn
    WHITE 60 HARDTOP AND 54 FORD SEDAN CUSTOMLINE TBIRD REGISTRY #61860 920-286-2277

Comment

• ssj335
      Experienced
      • Jul 13 2018

They aren't too bright, and they are running off a separate little battery pack (rechargeable) under passenger seat.

Comment

• Dan Leavens
        Moderator / Administrator

• Oct 4 2006

Kirsten looks cool. Anyway you can connect the wiring on the LED'S to engage when opening the doors and shut off when the doors close?
        Dano Calgary,Alberta Canada
        Thunderbird Registry
        58HT #33317
        60 HT (Sold )

Comment

• ssj335
          Experienced
          • Jul 13 2018

I bet there is a way to do that. I took a more simple approach. I set these up to a battery pack under the passenger seat which has an on/off switch. So as not to drain any power from the car battery. So I can choose to keep them on during night driving or turn them off. It has no effect on the way I see the road. And I can keep them on when the car is parked as a display item. Or not.

Comment

• Deanj
            Super-Experienced
            • Nov 26 2015

Originally posted by ssj335
            Ran LEDs under dash. I think it looks really neat at night. Color matches the exterior of car. Thoughts?
            I want to know exactly how you accessed the neater switch light. I tried removing the console extension and found it very stubborn.

Dean

Comment

• scumdog
              Super-Experienced

• May 12 2006

With the leds (l.e.d.s) on my F100 I wired a relay to the headlight switch, the relay supplies power to the leds, I ran the ground-wire for the relay to an on/off switch under the dash.

That way if the lights are on I can have my leds on - but if I want the lights on and the leds off I can use the on/off switch.

Hopefully this makes sense!
              A Thunderbirder from the Land of the Long White Cloud.

Comment

Working...
              😀
              🥰
              🤢
              😎
              😡
              👍
              👎