No announcement yet.

Richard Hord needs our help in prayer.

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Gods Thunderbird ...

Great song by Mark Cohen. Check it out on you-tube. Maybe good operating room music for Richard. Mike

Silver Thunderbird

Watched it coming up Winslow
    Down South Park Boulevard
    Yeah it was looking good from tail to hood
    Great big fins and painted steel
    Man it looked just like the Batmobile
    With my old man behind the wheel

Well you could hardly even see him
    In all of that chrome
    The man with the plan and the pocket comb
    But every night it carried him home
    And I could hear him sayin'...

Don't gimme no Buick
    Son you must take my word
    If there's a God in heaven
    He's got a Silver Thunderbird
    You can keep your Eldorados
    And the foreign car's absurd
    Me I wanna go down
    In a Silver Thunderbird

He got up every morning
    While i was still asleep
    But I remember the sound of him shuffling around
    Then right before the crack of dawn
    I heard him turn the motor on
    But when I got up they were gone

Down the road in the rain and snow
    The man and his machine would go
    Oh the secrets that old car would know
    Sometimes I hear him sayin'...

(Chorus)

Comment

• Anders
      Super-Experienced
      • Jan 19 2008

I´m not a belever at all to be honest, but I have faith in Richard and the medical team, and I realy hope that everything goes well. All the best Richard!!
      sigpic..."Lil darling Ruth":)
      http://www.tbirdregistry.com/#33158

Comment

• simplyconnected
        Administrator
        • May 26 2009

I'm hoping you are getting sleep right now, Richard. I know the operation is coming in a few short hours. I pray God be with you, your doctor, and your family for a successful procedure and speedy recovery. Oh, and YES... God gave us Thunderbirds for our enjoyment (even though Dee Dee hates Christine). - Dave
        Member, Sons of the American Revolution

CLICK HERE to see my custom hydraulic roller 390 FE build.

"We've got to pause and ask ourselves: How much clean air do we need?"
        --Lee Iacocca

Comment

• simplyconnected
          Administrator
          • May 26 2009

I am very glad to report that Richard is doing extremely well.

Several of our members have expressed their concern regarding his recovery. I have to admit, when we hear nothing, the suspense can mean good or bad things.

I left a voice message on Richard's cell, but have heard no return call to date. Then, I went on Facebook. All of Richard's family members and close friends have commented on how well Richard is doing.

I wrote a comment: "A number of us at Squarebirds.org have been praying hard for Richard since before his surgery. Looks like God came through. I left a message on his cell phone yesterday but apparently he isn't using it yet. I will tell the guys that Richard is doing well. - Dave"

Richard's wife, Dee Dee, commented back:
          "Dee Dee Martin Hord: Thank you Dave for all the prayers and concerns. Hopefully we will be home sometime over the weekend."
          Then she posted, "Richard update:
          It is 10:00 p.m. Thursday. Richard is doing really good. All the tubes have been removed except for the chest tube and if everything goes good through the night it may be removed tomorrow. Hopefully we will be home sometime over the weekend. I want to thank all our friends and family for the prayers, concerns and well wishes. Please continue to pray for his recovery."

I don't think Richard is using the computer or the phone yet because all the comments were posted by other people. I know it's killing him to be incapacitated because Richard is always on the move. Hopefully, we will hear something soon if he mekes it home in the next couple days. - Dave

--Lee Iacocca

Comment

• DKheld
            Super-Experienced
            • Aug 27 2008

Thanks for updating us Dave (especially us non-facebookies). Gald to hear he is on the mend.

Eric

Comment

• fcar
              Apprentice
              • Nov 13 2010

Ditto. Thanks, Dave

Comment

• NYsquarebird58
                Experienced
                • Feb 6 2012

Good to hear!
                VTCI# 11860
                58HT - Thunderbird Registry Number: 37043 (Sold)

60HT - Thunderbird Registry Number: 37252 "Lucille" (Sold)

Comment

• tbird430
                  Super-Experienced
                  • Jun 18 2007

Sounds like great news to me too....

We are stilling thinking/praying for you Richard.

-The Rice Family.
                  sigpic
                  The 1960 Ford Thunderbird. The WORLD'S most wanted car....

VTCI Member#6287.

Comment

• simplyconnected
                    Administrator
                    • May 26 2009

Many of our members asked how Richard is doing. Until today we only heard from friends and relatives because Richard hasn't used the computer. Today we were happy to receive the first email from him since his heart surgery:
                    Hey Guys,
                    Well DD and I got home Sunday night. This has been nothing less than a roller coaster ride from ****. I've had good days and bad days. Today think God is a good day Still swelled under right arm pretty bad and now have nice size B right boob LOL! I'm able to move right arm pretty freely with some pain. Taking only one pain med a day, YEAH!
                    They could not get my INR (blood consistency) where it needed to be with the Coumadin, so they sent me home with shots I have to take in the stomach twice a day. I know this is going to take some time and I'm not a very good patient DD says "so far" I have handled this very well. Well time for me to lay back down.
                    Thanks again!
                    Richard D. Hord

--Lee Iacocca

Comment

Here's hoping ...

you make a quick, and total recovery. Welcome home. Mike

Comment

• YellowRose
                        Super-Experienced

• Jan 21 2008

Keep Praying For Richard Hord....

I just received this email from Dee Dee from the hospital... He was having a knee and ankle problem.

Hello Ray,
                        This is Dee Dee, Richard's beautiful wife, HAHAHA. Richard was admitted to the hospital with the knee and ankle problem. They did an ultrasound of his heart just as a precaution. The ultrasound revealed fluid around his heart. He was taken back into surgery yesterday afternoon to remove the fluid. He is doing good. The doctor is going to give him a steroid shot in his ankle to reduce the inflammation. He has a chest tube in and it should be removed tomorrow. Just wanted you to know what was going on. We will be in contact, please keep him in your prayers.

Dee Dee

So there you have it. Please keep those prayers going...

Ray Clark - Squarebirds Administrator
                        The Terminator..... VTCI #11178 ITC #6000 Yellow Mustang Registry (YMR) #12188
                        Contact me via Private Message for my email address, or Call (Cell) 210-875-1411

https://www.squarebirds.org/picture_gallery/TechnicalResourceLibrary/trl.htm
                        Faye's Ovarian Cancer Memorial Website.
                        https://faye.rayclark.info/index.html

Comment

• YellowRose
                          Super-Experienced

• Jan 21 2008

Update on Richard

Dee Dee send me another email from the hospital. Here is what she had to say about Richard. Lets keep those prayers and good thoughts going!

"Ray,
                          He had a rough day today. The chest tube came out and the orthopedic doctor put the steroid shot in this afternoon. That was really hard for him and me too. We both cried. It was so hard for me to see him hurting so much. ( The heart doctor said as far as he is concerned he can go home tomorrow. We have to wait and see what happens to the ankle overnight. Thanks for the prayers we really appreciate everyone so much. You can let them know his status on the forum, we do not mind at all. I am taking excellent care of him and will have him back home in no time. All of this shall pass.
                          God Bless,
                          Dee Dee"

Contact me via Private Message for my email address, or Call (Cell) 210-875-1411

Comment

• DKheld
                            Super-Experienced
                            • Aug 27 2008

Thanks for keeping us up to date Ray. Tell Dee Dee that she should tell Richard she will try and drive the Tbird up to the hospital to see him next time. Bet Richard would be out of the bed and home to hide the keys in a skinny minute - (hopefully). Still praying for them.....

Eric

Comment

• YellowRose
                              Super-Experienced

• Jan 21 2008

Update On Richard

I received a couple of emails from Richard today and here is what he had to say. First about his heart and then about his leg and knee.

"The heart and incisions are fine. Its just this leg deal that has got me down and no way to walk to help the healing process. . Thanks so much for the prayers. I have several friends and several churches here praying for me also. The more the better. I also miss chatting on Squarebirds with you guys. My time on the computer is limited due to pain. Hope to talk to you soon.

Update: 10-24-2012 Went to see my orthopedic surgeon. Assistant was taking me to have X-rays on knee and ankle, Dr was in between patients and was evaluating me walking down the hall! He came in to see me and told me there were no signs of gout. He explained to Dee Dee and me (after evaluating knee and ankle by pressing and moving them) my problem is in my knee and my ankle is hurting because the way I'm walking to compensate for the knee pain. He explained that some bands (he called them something else) that runs around and under the knee cap are very large in me. He also recalled the same problem with my right knee when he did surgery seventeen months ago! These bands are inflamed causing the pain. He gave me a steroid shot in the knee. He wants me off this leg for a week to see if inflammation will go down. If not he says I will have to have surgery on my knee sad GREAT!)"

Comment

Thanks guys! Doctor has released me to return to work 11-7-2012 I can't wait to get back to driving my school bus and seeing my kids. I cheated a little and went to my other job Thursday and Friday of last week to get caught up on a few things. SHEW! I only lasted about two hours each day and was exhausted I told my wife it made me mad She explained to me "you had two surgeries and have been down five weeks and have not done anything. You will get your strength back" SHHHHH, Once again, I say she is correct Missed you guys.
                                Once again Thanks!
                                Richard D. Hord

Comment

Working...
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎