Glove compartment light

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Glove compartment light

Hi guys

Can anyone tell me what the fitting that holds the glove compartment light looks like? My bulb lights up when the lights are turned on but the fitting is missing. There is just a hole in the console.

Cheers

Mark
  • simplyconnected
    Administrator
    • May 26 2009

There are two places to see this light:
    CLICK HERE
    CLICK HERE

Hope this helps.

BTW, how did the connecting rod bushings come out? Were the old ones that sloppy? - Dave
    Member, Sons of the American Revolution

CLICK HERE to see my custom hydraulic roller 390 FE build.

"We've got to pause and ask ourselves: How much clean air do we need?"
    --Lee Iacocca

Comment

Thanks Dave

Looks like something I can make up. The connecting rod bushes were all fine although it appears that the lifters weren't changed in the previous rebuild. The motor is still with the mechanic. He is having all the moving parts balanced before he reassembles it. He will also paint it in the correct colours while it's out.

I've just sold my 61 Studebaker Champ pickup so at least I have the funds to pay for the rebuild.

Cheers
      Mark

Comment

• simplyconnected
        Administrator
        • May 26 2009

Originally posted by Griffin
        H...My bulb lights up when the lights are turned on but the fitting is missing...
        Mark, this sounds like someone connected an additional dash lamp to your existing dash lamp circuit, using no plunger switch.

Noooooooooo.... The power comes from your clock power, which is always on. The glovebox door (plunger) switch is supposed to work just like a door switch, it grounds the lamp when you open the door.

This light should never dim with the dash lights. You can use a standard #57 bulb. - Dave
        Member, Sons of the American Revolution

CLICK HERE to see my custom hydraulic roller 390 FE build.

"We've got to pause and ask ourselves: How much clean air do we need?"
        --Lee Iacocca

Comment

Working...
        😀
        🥰
        🤢
        😎
        😡
        👍
        👎